• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball 2019-20 - KP #100 - #70 Offense / #149 Defense

DeacsATS

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
Reaction score
Both Ingraham & Okeke are done for the season w/ torn achilles.

Last edited:
Slogan will be "The drive for 5" (19+ loss seasons)

475+ transfers and nary a one from Wake Forest (yet). This is bizarre relative to the last few years.

We're going to have a logjam in the backcourt and only Sarr and some very raw freshmen underneath.

I suspect White will be a decent player for us... I'm hoping he takes all of Johnson's minutes (and then some). And it'd be nice if Neath could play enough at PG for Childress to not have to play 35+ mpg.

475+ transfers and nary a one from Wake Forest (yet). This is bizarre relative to the last few years.

We're going to have a logjam in the backcourt and only Sarr and some very raw freshmen underneath.

I suspect White will be a decent player for us... I'm hoping he takes all of Johnson's minutes (and then some). And it'd be nice if Neath could play enough at PG for Childress to not have to play 35+ mpg.

Charles Coleman baby!! He's going to be my irrationally hyped up long shot Freshman

Just beyond bizarre no transfers yet given how bad the team was and surely kids can see they aren't getting coached??? Makes one wonder if Danny in complete shock from actually getting another year finally wised up and made the rounds to key players and offering to give half his next year salary away to players to keep them around for next year. Only thing that makes sense to me. Can't imagine watching a Tony Bennett team in Sweet 16 and how they play such great team D and knowing the trash your team is throwing up game after game that you don't hit the exits if you really want to improve your future earnings potential.

What if all the players wanted to stay and were planning on leaving only of Manning was let go? Seems crazy to me, but appears to be what happened.

Do we know when Chaundee got hurt?

Over his final six games, he averaged 13.7 points and 8.5 boards, a clear step up from the first 25 games when he averaged 11.0 points and 4.1 boards. He also did it against tougher competition - average opponent KenPom of 41.5 over the last six games compared to 107.6 for the first 25 games. Would be even more impressive if he was able see that improvement in his output while hurt.

Chaundee Brown is a man. He has somewhat started creating his own shot. Somewhat

What if all the players wanted to stay and were planning on leaving only of Manning was let go? Seems crazy to me, but appears to be what happened.

I mean, it seems like that’s EXACTLY what happened. We are just the only school on the planet dumb enough to crowd source major athletic decisions to a bunch of 18 and 19 year olds.

Do we know when Chaundee got hurt?

Over his final six games, he averaged 13.7 points and 8.5 boards, a clear step up from the first 25 games when he averaged 11.0 points and 4.1 boards. He also did it against tougher competition - average opponent KenPom of 41.5 over the last six games compared to 107.6 for the first 25 games. Would be even more impressive if he was able see that improvement in his output while hurt.

39% from deep and 47% from the field as well.

For as low I am on the team particularly if Hoard leaves, I’m high on Chaundee. I think he continues his development and averages somewhere in the 16 and 7 range and declares for the draft.

The WF press release says the knee injury hampered Chaundee over the final months of the season. Thought his played improved during the season, which makes that improvement even more impressive. While the program's outlook remains dim, really excited to see Chaundee further elevate his game next year. Like his game.

Agree about Chaundee's play improving over the course of the season.

Are we allowed to give the coaches any credit for that ?

39% from deep and 47% from the field as well.

For as low I am on the team particularly if Hoard leaves, I’m high on Chaundee. I think he continues his development and averages somewhere in the 16 and 7 range and declares for the draft.

I'm a big Chaundee fan too. I think he can be a fantastic college player. He's got a great shot and rebounds well for his size. I can't see him making the NBA, but I would love to be proven wrong.

Back