• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 NBA Draft Thread: Hoard playing for Blazers in Summer League

I’d give Davis now about a 40% chance to stay.

Prior to the lottery it was zero.

AD, Zion and Jrue could win some games.

The Hawks could end up with Reddish and Bol if they are lucky. Reddish will be better in the pros. If Reddish isn't available, maybe they should take a shot at the French guy.

I thnik the Sixers could do worse than picking Cam Johnson. They need shooters. It will be interesting to see who is available for their mid-30s picks in the second round.

I thought I read the ratings were down like 20% this year, but that's cause the big market teams were terrible. No NYC or CHI fans tuning in

Those two teams were terrible last year too. No LeBron is the reason the NBA playoffs ratings are down this year. The Bucks/Raptors series might be the worst ratings for a conference finals....ever?

I thought I read the ratings were down like 20% this year, but that's cause the big market teams were terrible. No NYC or CHI fans tuning in

It’s hard to get a real take on the state of the league and things it needs to improve because so many of the takes are either from the “this league!!!” people who think every little thing about the NBA is amazing and the opposite extreme of “this league sucks no one plays defense and they don’t call traveling!”

That’s a good point, tin.

For the record Juice I don’t think the NBA literally has some scripted masterplan for every team and outcome. But I do think this league more than any professional sports league favors certain teams and markets (and even players) in ways that other leagues won’t or can’t pull off

Yes. It’s the best game ever invented, with the best athletes, and a very poorly run league where 1/3 of the teams are intentionally losing for draft picks they don’t even get. The team with the best record ever added the best player in the league in free agency because the commissioner refused to smooth the cap which has ruined the last 3 seasons of basketball, and now his super max concept means that small market teams can’t afford to keep the best players they drafted unless they pay them so much that they can’t afford to put a decent team around them.

Is it the NBA’s fault that owners don’t understand basic statistics?

Back