• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 NBA Draft Thread: Hoard playing for Blazers in Summer League

Hell be fine in new Orleans. Much better town than at least half of NBA franchises. Better than Cleveland, Indianapolis, Orlando, ok city, Houston, salt lake city, etc

Plus he either plays w Anthony Davis or the three players he brings. This is a better situation than New York, which has no team really to speak of until they sign a fa or two

Agree 100%.

I can see AD going to the Knicks and part of the package back to NO is certainly the 3rd pick - which would mean Zion and Barrett are back together. Or still together.,

#Measurements

Tacko Fall with the casual 8' 2.25" wingspan.

D6tTKOhWwAAIUeH.jpg

Talen Tucker-Horton from Iowa State is listed at 6'2.5 and 235.4. Sounds like a linebacker not a SG.

He also has a bigger wingspan than Hoard despite being 4.75" shorter.

Coby White is 6'3.5" yet only has a 6'5" wingspan. Shouldn't draft him.

None of that seems to bother him. This is a major difference between the NFL and NBA. In the NFL this crap matters much more. In the NBA, game tapes are far more important than the damn combine.

I can see AD going to the Knicks and part of the package back to NO is certainly the 3rd pick - which would mean Zion and Barrett are back together. Or still together.,
RJ Barrett is literally the last player on the planet Zion should be wanting to play with.

2019 NBA Draft Thread: Hoard invited to combine

He should work on that

Last edited:
In case I'm not on the official record here, I don't expect Hoard to have a noteworthy NBA career.

I think he'll end up playing many more seasons overseas / G-league than he will in the NBA.

Relatively good at everything; Elite at nothing.

Best of luck to him, of course... I just don't see it (and I don't think that's just because Manning couldn't showcase his game).

In case I'm not on the official record here, I don't expect Hoard to have a noteworthy NBA career.

I think he'll end up playing many more seasons overseas / G-league than he will in the NBA.

Relatively good at everything; Elite at nothing.

Best of luck to him, of course... I just don't see it (and I don't think that's just because Manning couldn't showcase his game).

This is where I'm at as well. It would have been interesting to see him come back and try and work up the board by improving his handles, decision making and/or outside shot.

Borderline NBA talent is still really good in college

Not sure where Carsen Edwards is projected but would love the Mavericks to snag him with their second round pick. He's a baller

Not sure why anyone even cares how Hoard does. Dude was here for a semester, team sucked (granted not his fault), and he really wasn’t all that great.

Not sure why anyone even cares how Hoard does. Dude was here for a semester, team sucked (granted not his fault), and he really wasn’t all that great.

Who should we care about -- Cam Reddish? Hoard was our one and done. It may one and done with basketball in the US, but hope the kid exceeds what appear to be diminishing expectations.

Who should we care about -- Cam Reddish? Hoard was our one and done. It may one and done with basketball in the US, but hope the kid exceeds what appear to be diminishing expectations.

Someone who actually accomplished something while at Wake??

Back