• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 NBA Draft Thread: Hoard playing for Blazers in Summer League

What's the expected level of righteous self-satisfaction from the boards experts on these types of decisions if Hoard doesn't get drafted? I need to calibrate.

What's the expected level of righteous self-satisfaction from the boards experts on these types of decisions if Hoard doesn't get drafted? I need to calibrate.

i don't think it is that but i wonder who is giving these kids information about leaving early.

i don't think it is that but i wonder who is giving these kids information about leaving early.

Scouts who were high on them in high school.

Reported that the Pels are trying to deal the 4th pick for a later 1st round pick and a player. T-wolves picking 11th may be a willing partner. If New Orleans keeps the pick, Jeff Goodman believes that Pels GM David Griffin is leaning to Culver over Hunter. Hunter seems like the superior player, but that's largely because Culver shot poorly in the NCAA tournament.

Hawks had 3 2nd round picks, but they traded the #44 pick to the Heat for $1.8 million and a conditional 2nd round pick. They also traded the 41st pick to GSW. GSW paid $1.3 million and traded their 2024 1nd round pick to ATL. The Hawks now hold the 8th, 10th, 17th and 35th picks. GSW now has the 28th, the 41st and 58th picks. GSW needs to cheap options to fill out its roster.

Last edited:
2019 NBA Draft Thread: Hoard invited to combine

I’m not sure how teams are sleeping on Hunter given he gets “poor man’s Kawhi” comps and was dominant in the NCAA Championship game. Hope he slips to the Hawks. Culver will be good too.

The conditions around the Heat pick are hilarious. The Hawks only get it if it lands between 51-55.
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/06/hawks-trade-44th-pick-to-heat.html

Last edited:
Knicks are furiously working out CWhite and Garland in the last 24 hours, so they must be rethinking the Hawks offer ... doesn't totally make sense, however, in that Garland won't be available at #8. Possible 3-team picks trade between Pelicans, Hawks, and Knicks???

there's something about both Culver and Hunter that seems a bit, I don't know, soft or deferential

think both guys have the body and skillset to be great -- gonna be the mental factor that determines their success

They seem to be more likely to be nice players rather than all stars.

there's something about both Culver and Hunter that seems a bit, I don't know, soft or deferential

think both guys have the body and skillset to be great -- gonna be the mental factor that determines their success

Culver was pretty awesome until he had a few bad games down the stretch. Still, it’s hard to say that he didn’t have any impact. Hunter is more of an enigma to me, definitely benefitted from playing in a system and doesn’t have the same athleticism in the open floor (not to mention positional versatility). But Hunter is huge; Culver is closer to average for a wing.

it is true that my opinions are almost exclusively based on postseason tournaments

I'd defs put my money on Hunter having the better career

Hoard....................YAWN.....has nothing to do with Wake Forest sports. Tired of one and dones.

Reported that the Pels are trying to deal the 4th pick for a later 1st round pick and a player. T-wolves picking 11th may be a willing partner. If New Orleans keeps the pick, Jeff Goodman believes that Pels GM David Griffin is leaning to Culver over Hunter. Hunter seems like the superior player, but that's largely because Culver shot poorly in the NCAA tournament.

Hawks had 3 2nd round picks, but they traded the #44 pick to the Heat for $1.8 million and a conditional 2nd round pick. They also traded the 41st pick to GSW. GSW paid $1.3 million and traded their 2024 1nd round pick to ATL. The Hawks now hold the 8th, 10th, 17th and 35th picks. GSW now has the 28th, the 41st and 58th picks. GSW needs to cheap options to fill out its roster.

Not sure why the Pels appear so hell bent on trading down. To me, there's a drop off after pick 7, just like there's a drop off after pick 3 (I'm not high on Reddish). I'd just stay at 4 and take whichever wing you like better between Culver and Hunter. If they're wanting to move back to the 11 range, maybe they have their eyes on a big like Bol.

Can probably say that about most lottery picks every year.

Kawhi was "soft/deferential" in his early years with the Spurs. Now he's a beast. It's an interesting contrast between wings at the top of the draft. We know Barrett is going to take 15+ shots a game from Day 1. Culver, Hunter, and even Zion could be more low key "get in where you fit in guys" who don't put up a lot of shots but are efficient options who develop into #1 options.

Comparing dudes to Kawhi is a good way to get fired, though I agree with you in principle.

Comparing dudes to Kawhi is a good way to get fired, though I agree with you in principle.

LOL. Such comparisons should be used sparingly.

So did Cam Reddish show shooting ability in workouts? He keeps getting 3 and D comps, but I didn't see that at Duke.

LOL. Such comparisons should be used sparingly.

So did Cam Reddish show shooting ability in workouts? He keeps getting 3 and D comps, but I didn't see that at Duke.

It should be there, I think is the argument, but for whatever reason wasn’t? I think he’s done well in workouts, but also scouts were expecting that and still skeptical for that reason.

Who was compared to Draymond? He's such a unique player.

Back