• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 NBA Draft Thread: Hoard playing for Blazers in Summer League

Nope. His knees point inwards somewhat. I think that gives him greater stability. However, you'd have to think just the sheer force of 300 pounds landing from that high up is going to take him out of a season or two with a knee.

He is one guaranteed contract away from weighing 350+.

Early entrant withdrawal deadline is June 10, so we may be waiting a while on Hoard.

Other key dates:
Early entrant deadline: April 21
NBA Draft Lottery: May 14
NBA Draft Combine: May 14-19
NBA Draft: June 20

Is Hoard going to class? If not, there’s nothing to wait for.

This draft STINKS !

Jerome has a great game for college, but he's not bouncy at all and he resorts to floaters/high banks since he doesn't get to the rim

Ty Jerome reminds me somewhat of former Maryland PG Grievis Vasquez. I really like him as late 1st round value.

That's about all I can offer. Wake sucking for so long has led me to watch less college hoops. If I had the 3rd pick on, I'd be rather nervous about passing on Hunter and taking RJ Barrett, Cam, Culver, all of them. I feel like with Hunter, you'd plug him into your starting lineup to defend against the elite 3s and he'd be John Collins solid picking up shots without a lot of offensive sets drawn up for him.

Agreed, Hunter should go top 5. Would be great if Hawks get him to pair with Collins and Young.

He’s the type of plus defender who could help cover for Collins and Young’s defensive deficiencies.

He’s the type of plus defender who could help cover for Collins and Young’s defensive deficiencies.

That's a big ask! Not because Collins and Young suck, but because you are asking a whole helluva lot. So you're playing Toronto, and put Hunter on Kawhi. Then, you tell him to help in the lane for Lowry drives and also help Collins cover either Siakim or Ibaka? Seems like a tall ask. Maybe stick on Kawhi and find a 5 that is more D than O. You might be able to trade Prince to Miami for Whiteside. You might also have to take on James Johnson' salary - which might not be a bad thing. Johnson has played really well ... the last 3 games.

Actually don't think any trade for Whiteside works. Atl would have to give up Baze, probably Alex Len and a sign and trade for Dedmon, and I can't imagine why Miami would want that..

I guess you draft Jaxson Hayes later in the 1st round - or Bol Bol, and cross your fingers they can become a Jarrett Allen type of player.

Interesting game tonight between HOU and OKC, where both are probably going to be fighting for playoff position, unless with a loss OKC ends up as the 7 seed playing Denver (Don't know how the tiebreakers work)

Vasquez is a great comp, jaybone. Jerome could actually stick, too, because he plays defense.

Vasquez is a great comp, jaybone. Jerome could actually stick, too, because he plays defense.

Without the UVA scheme Jerome is in trouble defensively in the NBA. I don’t think Hunter is anything special but you know he won’t stink and will play for a couple contracts. I don’t see him getting out of the top 10.

Is Deng a good comp for Hunter? When I watch Hunter play, that is who I think of... Just in how he moves... Super athletic, but also kind of stiff (if that makes sense at all).

Back