• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 NBA Draft Thread: Hoard playing for Blazers in Summer League

Duke's Marques Bolden and Javin DeLaurier have declared for the NBA draft.

Duke's Marques Bolden and Javin DeLaurier have declared for the NBA draft.

Was that a twinge in K's back I just felt or simply the squeak from the Sharpie of another top 10 kid signing late with Duke?

Kyle Guy staying in the NBA draft. Will be interesting to see how Bennett does with the returning talent.

Kyle Guy staying in the NBA draft. Will be interesting to see how Bennett does with the returning talent.

See, this one doesn't make any sense to me. You watch more college ball than I do, pilch. Does this make any sense?

Not really. Think Guy is motivated to follow fellow UVA recruiting class members Hunter and Jerome to a professional career rather than be the sole returnee to college from that class next year, but Hunter is an NBA lottery lock and Jerome is projected to be a late first round pick. At best, Guy will playing in the G League or in a lower international league rather than playing on a top 10 (maybe higher) NCAA team next year. Given that, Guy was expected to return.

Then again, Guy's stroke is pure, and if you can score from deep, an NBA future is not a total pipe dream.

Even so, UVA will out-perform expectation. Under Bennett, they always do.

Last edited:
Kyle Guy is what he is -- another year in college wouldn't do anything for his evaluation by NBA scouts other than increase his age by a year

if he wants to play basketball professionally, he's not going to help himself in college

plus, he's finishing his undergrad coursework this semester, so one less reason to stay

Not really. Think Guy is motivated to follow fellow UVA recruiting class members Hunter and Jerome to a professional career rather than be the sole returnee to college from that class next year, but Hunter is an NBA lottery lock and Jerome is projected to be a late first round pick. At best, Guy will playing in the G League or in a lower international league rather than playing on a top 10 (maybe higher) NCAA team next year. Given that, Guy was expected to return.

Then again, Guy's stroke is pure, and if you can score from deep, an NBA future is not a total pipe dream.

Even so, UVA will out-perform expectation. Under Bennett, they always do.

Yeah I was trying to think of guys in his mold and it’s a short list: Seth Curry or Bryn Forbes ceiling, maybe? Less athletic Brian Roberts? Who knows, though. Maybe he has something (vision, handles, etc.) that can get him some mop up duties at the point.

Kyle Guy is what he is -- another year in college wouldn't do anything for his evaluation by NBA scouts other than increase his age by a year

if he wants to play basketball professionally, he's not going to help himself in college

plus, he's finishing his undergrad coursework this semester, so one less reason to stay

I’m not thinking NBA scouts as much as I am international scouts. He could show some more versatility as a lead guard, at the very least. You’re right, though.

Yeah I was trying to think of guys in his mold and it’s a short list: Seth Curry or Bryn Forbes ceiling, maybe? Less athletic Brian Roberts? Who knows, though. Maybe he has something (vision, handles, etc.) that can get him some mop up duties at the point.

Huh? Could Roberts even dunk?

My new man crush in this draft is: Matisse Thybulle

Stud defender, best risk reward in the draft. Worst case scenario - you've just drafted Raja Bell. Has a great life story, very mature. Somebody is going to get him in the late first round and he is going to end up in 3 years to be considered a top 10 player in this draft. Would be a nice piece for the Spurs to mold and develop.

Yeah. Drafting a Pac-12 guard would be off-brand for the Spurs. Obviously kidding. This guy is from Dejounte Murray's class at UW (along with Marquese Chriss).

Geez. Raja Bell is a nice worst case scenario, but the Spurs have a glut of guards. One is a star who is fine for 82 games. Two look very promising after two seasons. One is last year's first round pick. The rest are good shooters, but role players, so they have little trade value. The Spurs don't need another guard. Unless this guy can defend bigger wing players, I don't see a role in a Spurs rotation in the next few years.

If the Spurs can get a big wing and a bouncy PF, I'll be happy.

He kind of is a wing though isn't he? He looks like Kawhi a few inches shorter to me. Move DeRozan to the 3 and have thybill as his backup. have a guard rotation of Murray, white, mills, forbes, Walker, and belinelli.

Good for him. If picked by the right team, he could be a steal.

The Illinois boards were going nuts over that Talen Horton-Tucker dude during the Ayo saga. Never thought twice about it once he committed to Iowa State and was shocked to see him pop up on the draft boards at a pretty decent position.

A new hook for WF MBB recruiting: Commit to WF and you will have plenty of time in March and April to prep for the NBA combine....

More names than draft slots. I'm a little surprised that Kerry Blackshear didn't get invited. That may be a clear sign he is headed back to college as a grad transfer (likely UK). Then again, he's already put in 4 years, including his medical redshirt. Maybe he's off to Europe. I'd rather see him there than in Lexington.

More names than draft slots. I'm a little surprised that Kerry Blackshear didn't get invited. That may be a clear sign he is headed back to college as a grad transfer (likely UK). Then again, he's already put in 4 years, including his medical redshirt. Maybe he's off to Europe. I'd rather see him there than in Lexington.

Money is better in Lexington

Back