• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 NBA Draft Thread: Hoard playing for Blazers in Summer League

The Illinois boards were going nuts over that Talen Horton-Tucker dude during the Ayo saga. Never thought twice about it once he committed to Iowa State and was shocked to see him pop up on the draft boards at a pretty decent position.

interesting that horton-tucker is a likely draft pick and ayo is back for a sophomore season

interesting that horton-tucker is a likely draft pick and ayo is back for a sophomore season

Ayo would have been drafted if he stayed in, but he wants to turn Illinois around and get them to the tournament before Wake Forest ever makes it back.

Ayo would have been drafted if he stayed in, but he wants to turn Illinois around and get them to the tournament before Wake Forest ever makes it back.

The reason he went back is his hope to be a 1st Round pick and have guaranteed millions versus a three year minimum contract.

ESPN now shows Hoard as the #50 prospect. Justin Robinson from VT is #52. He's one of the higher rated 4 year players.

Nbadraft.net now have the Spurs taking Matisse Thybulle with the 29th pick. Yes, please.

I love this video:

He sort of has a CP3-like high school story where he went out and balled a day or two after his mother passed away.

I really think this kid is going to be - at worst - thabo sefalosha

Last edited:
Kyle Guy is what he is -- another year in college wouldn't do anything for his evaluation by NBA scouts other than increase his age by a year

if he wants to play basketball professionally, he's not going to help himself in college

plus, he's finishing his undergrad coursework this semester, so one less reason to stay

And isn’t he getting married soon? With all that said, I certainly understand why he is doing it.

Nbadraft.net now have the Spurs taking Matisse Thybulle with the 29th pick. Yes, please.

I love this video:

He sort of has a CP3-like high school story where he went out and balled a day or two after his mother passed away.

I really think this kid is going to be - at worst - thabo sefalosha

That's an awesome video. Makes me want him to be a star.

NBA draft lottery tonight.

Teams and cities praying for Zion:

14.p1_lcf-1.jpg

as a Bulls fan, I would give up our 12.5% shot at Zion to be guaranteed Morant

I'mma be annoyed if we get Barrett

LOL. I think every lottery team would take that. Right offhand, I can't think of a draft with a such a huge gap between the likely #1 pick and #2 pick and a pretty large gap between #2 and #3.

How would you compare Morant to young D Rose?

I admittedly haven't watched a ton of Morant, but Rose never had the passing acclaim Morant has. He was always a score-first PG.

A lot prospects announced they are staying in the draft:

- Naz Reid LSU
- Tremont Waters LSU
- Yoeli Childs BYU
- Jontay Porter Mizzou
- Lugentz Dort Ariz State
- Aubrey Dawkins UCF (not staying for a final year with Pop)

LOL. I think every lottery team would take that. Right offhand, I can't think of a draft with a such a huge gap between the likely #1 pick and #2 pick and a pretty large gap between #2 and #3.

How would you compare Morant to young D Rose?

I think Morant can be Westbrook-esque . Amazing athlete, passer, scorer, he can rebound and he's an effort guy too.

Like Morant too. Feel like he has just started to scratch the surface of his talent. No one knew who Morant was a year and half ago. Think his rise will continue. Surprisingly, have heard that there some debate among NBA GMs as to whether the #2 should be Morant or RJ Barrett. Maybe I'm warped by an anti-Duke bias, but felt like there was a solid upside gap between Morant and Barrett. FWIW, there does appear to be a consensus that there is a drop-off between the top 3, and who goes 4 and 5. Latest rumors are focusing on Hunter and Culver in those spots, but that will change multiple times before June 20.

Last edited:
Some rumors that the Knicks would package the #1 in a deal for AD.

AD, KD, and Kyrie would make a nice heel team of former faces.

Some rumors that the Knicks would package the #1 in a deal for AD.

AD, KD, and Kyrie would make a nice heel team of former faces.

Do the Knicks have the salary to make that work? Why yes, Nic Batum would love living in New Orleans. How do you say bum in French?

Like Morant too. Feel like he has just started to scratch the surface of his talent. No one knew who Morant was a year and half ago. Think his rise will continue. Surprisingly, have heard that there some debate among NBA GMs as to whether the #2 should be Morant or RJ Barrett. Maybe I'm warped by an anti-Duke bias, but felt like there was a solid upside gap between Morant and Barrett. FWIW, there does appear to be a consensus that there is a drop-off between the top 3, and who goes 4 and 5. Latest rumors are focusing on Hunter and Culver in those spots, but that will change multiple times before June 20.

I don't really like Barrett as a dude or a player.

Ceiling is probably higher than Hunter, but I'd rather have Deandre out of spite.

Back