• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 NBA Draft Thread: Hoard playing for Blazers in Summer League

Strickland33

Reaction score
The 2019 NBA Draft is on Thursday, June 20.

ESPN's latest mock (3/18) has Jaylen Hoard at #50.

Other ACC players projected to be drafted:

Zion Williamson (#1)
RJ Barrett (#2)
De'Andre Hunter (#5)
Cam Reddish (#7)
Coby White (#11)
Nassir Little (#17)
Cameron Johnson (#19)
Nickeil Alexander-Walker (#21)
Ty Jerome (#28)
Tre Jones (#31)
[and Hoard at #50]

Let's discuss.

I'm really interested to see how Hunter (#5) and Culver (#7) match up in the national championship game tomorrow night after an otherwise underwhelming tournament. Interestingly, the ESPN mock has them both going to Hawks.

Last edited:
Pretty weak draft

Zion superstar seems certain

Think Ja Morant will be good

Barrett is trash

If Cam Johnson gets picked by the right team. he could be a very good NBA player.

I'm not sure why Jontay Porter is still so high on so many boards. With his injury, he seems like a good second round pick.

I don't get the love for Herro. He looks like a one dimensional player and not exceptional at that one dimension. Their offense is set to get him looks and he still only shot 35.5%.

Will someone take Sekou high hoping he'll become the French Phantasm?

Zion Williamson (#1)
RJ Barrett (#2)
De'Andre Hunter (#5)
Cam Reddish (#7)
Coby White (#11)
Nassir Little (#17)
Cameron Johnson (#19)
Ty Jerome (#28)
Tre Jones (#31)
[and Hoard at #50]

Let's discuss.

I'm really interested to see how Hunter (#5) and Culver (#7) match up in the national championship game tomorrow night after an otherwise underwhelming tournament. Interestingly, the ESPN mock has them both going to Hawks.

Hunter and Culver to the Hawks would be really good. A young core 5 of Young, Huerter, Culver, Hunter, and Collins, I'd be League Passing the Hawks games.

tough draft to get excited about

really hope the bulls land a top 2 pick

Carsen Edwards is heading to the NBA draft, and signing with an agent.

Jalen Smith back to Maryland for his sophomore year.

Was #15 in 24/7... Jaylen Hoard was #17.

Pretty good comp in terms of numbers they had this year as freshmen.

Zion Williamson (#1)
RJ Barrett (#2)
De'Andre Hunter (#5)
Cam Reddish (#7)
Coby White (#11)
Nassir Little (#17)
Cameron Johnson (#19)
Ty Jerome (#28)
Tre Jones (#31)
[and Hoard at #50]

Let's discuss.

So Coach K guided a ragtag group including four projected first round picks, and three top 10, to the Sweet 16? Solid work.

is Zion #tooathletic?

Nope. His knees point inwards somewhat. I think that gives him greater stability. However, you'd have to think just the sheer force of 300 pounds landing from that high up is going to take him out of a season or two with a knee.

Kentucky's PJ Washington is headed to the NBA. Keldon Johnson expected to join him. Tyler Herro might as well. If they all head to the draft pool, all are projected first round picks.

Early entrant withdrawal deadline is June 10, so we may be waiting a while on Hoard.

Other key dates:
Early entrant deadline: April 21
NBA Draft Lottery: May 14
NBA Draft Combine: May 14-19
NBA Draft: June 20

Back