• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 NBA Draft Thread: Hoard playing for Blazers in Summer League

Is Deng a good comp for Hunter? When I watch Hunter play, that is who I think of... Just in how he moves... Super athletic, but also kind of stiff (if that makes sense at all).

I don't think it is a good comparison at all. I think he compares to Jimmy Butler IMO.

Without the UVA scheme Jerome is in trouble defensively in the NBA. I don’t think Hunter is anything special but you know he won’t stink and will play for a couple contracts. I don’t see him getting out of the top 10.

Agree on Jerome—while the mock picks have him at the end of the first round, I have a hard time seeing any team using a first round pick on him- he has very mediocre athleticism. I bet he gets feedback, and then returns to play with Guy next year.

Barring injury, I think Jerome will play in the NBA for a while. He won't be a star, but he will be a contributor. Jerome is a legit 6-5, he led the ACC in assists this past year and he can shoot. On top of that, Jerome has a great feel for the game. Agree that he is not super athletic, but Jerome is not a statue either. He can play man defense.

Barring injury, I think Jerome will play in the NBA for a while. He won't be a star, but he will be a contributor. Jerome is a legit 6-5, he led the ACC in assists this past year and he can shoot. On top of that, Jerome has a great feel for the game. Agree that he is not super athletic, but Jerome is not a statue either. He can play man defense.

This is what I think too. He reminds me a bit of Derrick White, who had a really really good year when healthy but who will likely come off the bench next year if/when Dejounte Murray is full strength.

Derrick White as a 6th man will be a huge luxury and should take some of the burden from DeRozan. Lonnie Walker had a good game in his first real action with 16 pts in 16 min last week. The Spurs shouldn't sniff a guard in the draft.

is Hunter super athletic though?

I think he'll end up somewhere between Moe Harkless and Khris Middleton

Last edited:
Ty Jerome reminds me of John Drew of Gardner Webb and the Hawks. Second round pick, 6'6", always knew where to find cocaine.

Is he going to be more or less heralded than Malcolm Brogdon coming out of the draft? Feel like everyone was underestimating Brogdon at the time as well, he lasts until the 36th pick, and then wins ROY. I think Brogdon is a better player than Jerome for sure, but the situations seem similar in that people seem to be underestimating another "crafty" UVA guy.

Is he going to be more or less heralded than Malcolm Brogdon coming out of the draft? Feel like everyone was underestimating Brogdon at the time as well, he lasts until the 36th pick, and then wins ROY. I think Brogdon is a better player than Jerome for sure, but the situations seem similar in that people seem to be underestimating another "crafty" UVA guy.

Brogdon had a lot more accolades in college: ACC POY, 2x ACC DPOY, 3x 1st-team All-ACC, 1st team All-American, 2nd team All-American, National DPOY

UVA losing more than I thought they would, but it makes sense

What more can they accomplish in college? They got the big trophy. Go try for a second one or go get paid? Sounds like if they get decent evals, they are opting to get paid.

What more can they accomplish in college? They got the big trophy. Go try for a second one or go get paid? Sounds like if they get decent evals, they are opting to get paid.

Must be because the UVA campus environment sucks. Maybe they got tired of being at the country club.

Back