• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

So if Manning goes .500 and makes the NIT

In what universe is this team going to make any postseason next season? :tard:

CBI??

If everyone returns this is a bubble team. They’ve got talent and experience. Danny can only fuck it up so much.

If everyone returns this is a bubble team. They’ve got talent and experience. Danny can only fuck it up so much.
Experience alone is going to get us 8+ more wins and 110+ spots in Kenpom with a tougher OOC schedule?

I’ve made the case previously and don’t care to make it again, but we’ll obviously need improvement from the rising sophomores and Chaundee will have to continue his development.

You guys act like getting to the Tournament bubble is some impossible dream. It’s really not that hard.

It’s much harder than it used to be when we could do it.

You guys act like getting to the Tournament bubble is some impossible dream. It’s really not that hard.
It's hard to go from 174 to bubble team without adding any significant recruits/talent.

Going from a very young team to a reasonably experienced one.

We were reasonably experienced two years ago.

We were reasonably experienced two years ago.

I assume you mean 2017-18. Next years team is more talented than that team, probably more experienced overall, and would have better chemistry.

We have people wringing their bands over the possibility that we win 16-18 games. It’s not like I’m the only one who thinks this team might win some games.

Next year’s team will not be more talented than two seasons ago. That’s just ridiculous. No Hoard. Chill isn’t going to get any better. The only pro (any pro) prospect will be Chaundee and maybe Sarr if his France contacts really want him back.

To put this in perspective, you're predicting a bigger improvement between this year and next than we made between Collins' freshman and sophomore years. Even with everyone back, that seems extremely unlikely.

And he’s predicting that we will improve to the same extent that we got worse after Collins left. So he’s predicting a Collins level improvement from experience.

My bubble tan scenario has always been predicated on everyone coming back. Clearly if Hoard splits we’ll be horrible. Moore wasn’t even useful till his junior year and Sarr us might be all right by then.

But a more consistent performance by Hoard, paired with an ever emerging Brown and a senior point guard, looks like a possible bubble team to me.

Btw, I think bubble teams still suck in general.

So are you going to leave the boards like RChill?

In what universe is this team going to make any postseason next season? :tard:

CBI??

West Virginia going 15-21 and making it to the 2nd round of the CBI this year gives me a small glimmer of hope that we could overachieve and reach similar results.

Back