• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

So if Manning goes .500 and makes the NIT

Ralph Medlin

Reaction score
Does he actually stay and get another year? Or is this dead man walking? Such a ridiculous situation but I guess there is a scenario where he doesn't get fired right?

No way Currie keeps Manning with that. Ive heard Currie doesnt really want Manning anyways.

The ACC next year is gonna be the worst it's been in a good 7 or 8 years. All the good teams (besides UVA) are losing the majority of their rosters. I could see a scenario in which Wake goes 7-13 in conference next year. Hopefully with "Oh Heaven's Yes" no longer in charge, our AD sees that this isn't nearly good enough at Wake.

Me personally, I'm not taking any chances with this shit show anymore. I'll be rooting for 0-31.

The ONLY way I see Manning coming back is with a NCAA Tourney appearance next year and a strong 2020 class.

Neither of those seem likely. At all.

Of course, I’m still shocked and irate that he hit another year, so what do I know?

No way Currie keeps Manning with that. Ive heard Currie doesnt really want Manning anyways.

Well he can do something about it four weeks. Plenty of solid coaches are still available.

Was he retained for any logical reason other than the buyout? The buyout will still be significant next spring, right?

I think Manning would have to win the NIT for this to even be a conversation.

With wellman he’d be back. With Currie I’m thinking not, but have nothing to base it on.

Maybe honoring Manning's full contract through the 2024 season will really help with recruiting a new head coach.

He would still have a horrible 6-year record worthy of being fired.

I just don’t see it happening... But it’d definitely make for a fun offseason to follow.

Currie would reach god like status if he fires Manning on May 2 and hires someone like Brennan the next day.

Manning will coach the entire 2019-2020 season and the team will not finish above .500.

Mannings seat is VERY HOT. Its a make or break year. Currie wont stand for the losing like Wellman did. Honestly Wellman is gone so there should be optimism with the basketball program moving forward.

The problem with Wake Forest basketball has been Ron Wellman. In less than a month Ron Wellman will be history and Wake Forest basketball will have a chance to be relevant again. Thank God.

Silly thread and silly fans. Make or break year? What was last year? Or year before. There is no telling with wf. If Currie doesn’t fire him May 2 then there’s no telling what we can expect after next season. Manning should be long gone.

Back