• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 Masters Contest - Entries due Thursday by 8am

Sleepy

Joakim Blom
Reaction score
THE MASTERS, a tradition unlike any other

FORMAT: Listed below are most of the golfers participating in the The Masters. You need to pick 6 of them with a total value of 400 or more. Pick carefully - your team will end up "missing the cut" if more than two of your golfers miss the cut in the event! To make your selections, send me a PM with the golfers' names and point values.

SCORING: Your score will be the aggregate of your best four golfers. Since you have to have at least four scores counting, if more than two of your golfers miss the cut, so does your team. There are also "bonus points" at the end of the tournament. If you've got the champion golfer on your team, it's -5. The runner-up gets you -3, and having the third-place golfer gets you -1 off your score.

DEADLINE: All entries must be sent to me by 8:00 AM Thursday, April 11th.

Top Players:

Player                     Points
Dustin Johnson 10
Rory McIlroy 10
Tommy Fleetwood 15
Rickie Fowler 15
Justin Rose 15
Jordan Spieth 15
Tiger Woods 15
Brooks Koepka 20
Francesco Molinari 20
Jon Rahm 20
Paul Casey 30
Jason Day 30
Bryson DeChambeau 30
Tony Finau 30
Matt Kuchar 30
Phil Mickelson 30
Xander Schauffele 30
Bubba Watson 30
Kevin Kisner 40
Hideki Matsuyama 40
Adam Scott 40
Sergio Garcia 50
Marc Leishman 50
Louis Oosthuizen 50
Patrick Reed 50
Patrick Cantlay 60
Brandt Snedeker 60
Gary Woodland 60
Henrik Stenson 75
Webb Simpson 80
Rafa Cabrera Bello 100
Matthew Fitzpatrick 100
Charley Hoffman 100
Zach Johnson 100
Ian Poulter 100
Charl Schwartzel 100
Branden Grace 125
Alex Noren 125
Aaron Wise 125

Other Players - Each worth 150 Points:

Kiradech Aphibarnrat
Lucas Bjerregaard
Devon Bling
Keegan Bradley
Angel Cabrera
Stewart Cink
Corey Conners
Fred Couples
Emiliano Grillo
Justin Harding
Tyrrell Hatton
J.B. Holmes
Billy Horschel
Viktor Hovland
Charles Howell III
Shugo Imahira
Trevor Immelman
Takumi Kanaya
Martin Kaymer
Michael Kim
Si Woo Kim
Patton Kizzire
Satoshi Kodaira
Andrew Landry
Bernhard Langer
Haotong Li
Adam Long
Shane Lowry
Sandy Lyle
Keith Mitchell
Larry Mize
Kevin Na
Kevin O'Connell
José María Olazábal
Thorbjørn Olesen
Alvaro Ortiz
Eddie Pepperell
Jovan Rebula
Vijay Singh
Cameron Smith
Kyle Stanley
Justin Thomas
Kevin Tway
Jimmy Walker
Matt Wallace
Mike Weir
Danny Willett
Ian Woosnam

Golfer Points
Dustin Johnson 10
Rory McIlroy 10
Tommy Fleetwood 15
Rickie Fowler 15
Justin Rose 15
Justin Thomas 15
Jordan Spieth 15
Tiger Woods 15
Brooks Koepka 20
Francesco Molinari 20
Jon Rahm 20
Paul Casey 30
Jason Day 30
Bryson DeChambeau 30
Tony Finau 30
Matt Kuchar 30
Phil Mickelson 30
Xander Schauffele 30
Bubba Watson 30
Kevin Kisner 40
Hideki Matsuyama 40
Adam Scott 40
Sergio Garcia 50
Marc Leishman 50
Louis Oosthuizen 50
Patrick Reed 50
Patrick Cantlay 60
Brandt Snedeker 60
Gary Woodland 60
Henrik Stenson 75
Webb Simpson 80
Rafa Cabrera Bello 100
Matthew Fitzpatrick 100
Charley Hoffman 100
Zach Johnson 100
Ian Poulter 100
Charl Schwartzel 100
Branden Grace 125
Alex Noren 125
Aaron Wise 125

Last edited:
Outside of the contest, any vet tips on what to do on Wednesday for the Par 3 day? I feel like we used to have a Masters tip thread on this.

Outside of the contest, any vet tips on what to do on Wednesday for the Par 3 day? I feel like we used to have a Masters tip thread on this.

The closest to the hole contest is the second hole of the par 3 course. You should be able to stand right by the green to the the players and their families/kids up close. It's a lot of fun. Last year, the Big 3 (Nicklaus, Palyer, Watson) all had tee shots within about 2 ft of the hole. Amazing. After hanging out there for a while, be sure to walk the rest of the par 3 course if you haven't seen it. It's obviously a short course, but harder than it looks.
Last year there were 2 aces during the par 3 - Jack's grandson and Tony Finau. Finau dislocated his ankle running down the fairway to celebrate. He sat down, popped it back in, finished his round and then played a really good tournament.
Enjoy yourself.

In at 445. I obviously like my team, but getting it closer to 400 didn't seem really helpful to me. :noidea

I really want to have Angel Cabrera, but he's not been good for a while.

Had a great time yesterday at Augusta in spite of the morning rain that closed the course for a few hours. It was clear and warm in the afternoon and there were many muddy, mucky areas, particularly around 16 and all of the fairway crosswalks were closed. The course, of course, looks great. Big crowds, all things considered.
Had lunch in the Founder's Room, saw JT and Tiger at the pro shop, and spent some time at the practice range. Dustin Johnson is looking good. He spent about 15 minutes hitting to the same green about 160-170 yds away. I don't think any of his shots ended up more than 10 ft from the flag. Would be surprised if he doesn't finish at or near the top.

Back