• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Barnstorming Tour

Phil Ford?

92eb211512799ef7a241c4b4ab2b1f22.jpg

I’d be embarrassed if we had a player in that photo. Unless he was just hard up for cash or something.

We don't even get a player in the photo.

We didn’t graduate a scholarship senior this year. We’ve had players play on this team in the past. I have a t-shirt autographed by Marc Blucas around here somewhere from one of these events.

I remember back in the 80's this was huge. They would play in the old Memorial Coliseum and it would be full. Almost all of the ACC teams would have players in it. In 1995 they played it in the RJ Reynolds HS gym. Randolph played and I remember him jumping on Cherokee Parks back and "riding" him around the court. It was a fun night.

I remember back in the 80's this was huge. They would play in the old Memorial Coliseum and it would be full. Almost all of the ACC teams would have players in it. In 1995 they played it in the RJ Reynolds HS gym. Randolph played and I remember him jumping on Cherokee Parks back and "riding" him around the court. It was a fun night.

Saw this thing back in the 60's at a local high school, and vividly recall two things:
Duke guard Dave Golden in a pair of shorts/shirt that didn't match the rest of his team (I think he'd just shown up), appearing to be either drunk or severely hung over and throwing up 3 pointers...before there was a 3 pointer (#trailblazer), and for some reason Larry Miller not dressed out/playing but on the sidelines in a new fashion trend called bell-bottoms and all the ladies swooning over him.

We didn’t graduate a scholarship senior this year. We’ve had players play on this team in the past. I have a t-shirt autographed by Marc Blucas around here somewhere from one of these events.

we had a post-graduate end his career #newbeginnings

We hosted one of these a few years ago when Codi and Devin graduated. Marcus Paige was there too. Codi and Paige were super personable, likable and humble. Devin, not so much. By far the fan fave that night was Joel James. I think dude was just happy to be on the floor after never getting any burn at Carolina. He was hilarious, and stayed forever shooting with the kids and signing autographs.

I got a DAvid Thompson autograph at one of these games in the 80's- it was my prize possession and still have it somewhere

Back