• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 Masters Thread

Nope. Tiger's won more tournaments overall, won a considerably higher percentage of his tournaments, and played against a deeper pool of competition.

Deeper pool ? Nope. And Jack was hitting the ball as far as Tiger 55 years ago with a persimmon wood and would ball.

LOL. Jack is the greatest and it's really not a competition.

Correct. It's sort of like when youngsters want to talk about how LeBron is better than Jordan. Don't get me wrong, Tiger has had an insanely good career. But there's only one GOAT and he derailed himself from that discussion a decade ago. Still would be fine with him winning this event though and getting some personal and professional redemption. Great feel good story.

Deion Sanders once played in an NFL game and MLB game in the same day

Today, Webb Simpson both played in the Masters and led the pit crew in a Formula 1 race

Deeper pool ? Nope. And Jack was hitting the ball as far as Tiger 55 years ago with a persimmon wood and would ball.

Lol he may have had the occasional drive that went 350-375 with older clubs but the highest average I can find for him over a season is 276 off the tee.

And there's absolutely a deeper pool now than when Jack played. Some players didn't even go across the pond to play the British Open during that period.

Yeah, it's a competition, but Tiger will never get there.

ESPN has really done a number on some of you people.

It’s crazy to think about my 6th grader seeing Tiger Woods being relevant for the first time in his life.

This is pushing “Wake will be a bubble team next year” as the worst recent Biff take.

If he holds on (seems likely) this will be Tiger's first major since the summer before my freshman year at Wake.

I'm really not liking this "it's over" talk from the commentators.

If he passes Jack with the mid career derailment, he will absolutely be the GOAT.

This is pushing “Wake will be a bubble team next year” as the worst recent Biff take.

Nah, Biff is spot on about Jack being the greatest ever. Tiger was on track for it and derailed himself. But this will be an awesome personal and professional story of redemption when he wins this thing.

Koepka birdies and Tiger makes bogey isn't the 0% chance these commentators are insinuating, though.

So the only factor for being the GOAT is how many majors a player wins? Got it.

Back