• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 Masters Thread

I think there are plenty of folks on this board that could break 90. Breaking 80 might be a different story. I'm only like a 5 or 6 handicap and I think I could break 90 - at least on a good day.

:rolleyes:

At almost 7,500 yards, The Masters is one of the ten longest courses on the PGA tour. That's a good 800+ yards more than most good amateurs play. And that doesn't even take the greens into consideration.

For reference, I'm a 2 handicap and played Quail Hollow from the back of the pro tees last year near tournament time and shot 86. It's the distance plus the fast/firm greens (I guess Augusta isn't firm, but ever faster) that killed me.

I think there are plenty of folks on this board that could break 90. Breaking 80 might be a different story. I'm only like a 5 or 6 handicap and I think I could break 90 - at least on a good day.

That's my handicap too and I have no confidence I would break 90 on that course playing from the tournament tees.

If I played triple bogey max, I feel relatively confident I could at least shoot a 126.

Talked about this before but it depends on how you play the course. Like a normal round or are you aiming to break 100?

If poulter wins we have to let BKF back for one thread start before banning him again so he can gloat about how he pulls for the Europeans in the Ryder cup because they play the game right or whatever garbage he spews about his obsession for poulter.

My HI is 5.1, but the tees I’m playing at my club are 6750. And I’m hitting hybrids into a few of the par fours. I’m sixty-two years old. I’d be lucky to break 100.

Even when I was playing my best (maxed at a 2.4 in high school) I feel like I’d struggle to break 90 at Augusta from the tips. My short game is the best part of my game (only drive it 240-250) but I’d be seriously concerned about any ability to make a putt outside five feet and about my ability to ever stop a putt within five feet.

From the tournament tees and having to putt everything out? You sure about that?

No, not positive... but certainly possible. 90 is bogey golf. I know I could throw some pars in there (I could get to all the par 5s in 3 shots, even from the tourney tees, and should be able to hit it on at least some of the par 3s) so the question would be how many big numbers I would make... It would be easier to do after a practice round or two - the first time I might shoot really high... And remember, I said at least on a good day... If I am hitting it crooked off the tee that day all bets are off!

BTW - I would definitely struggle with the distance - I sometimes forget that I am getting old and have lost 30-40 yards off the tee... Ugh!

Last edited:
Even when I was playing my best (maxed at a 2.4 in high school) I feel like I’d struggle to break 90 at Augusta from the tips. My short game is the best part of my game (only drive it 240-250) but I’d be seriously concerned about any ability to make a putt outside five feet and about my ability to ever stop a putt within five feet.

I would LOVE to try and putt those greens. Give me a couple of hours on the putting green and set me loose! What a dream that would be!

Back