• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 Masters Thread

TimmyClutch

Reaction score
Through 9 Harding holds the lead at -2, tied with Oosthuizen. Tiger is -1 through 2 and Webb is Even through 4

Stenson is looking strong today.

Liking someone to break out of the tight group here and shoot 66 or 67 today. Course isn't play too difficult early on - plenty of opportunities out there.

That said, the field is tightly packed early on.

The fourth hole is just such a beast. Can barely hold anything on the green and it's lengthy.

Tiger looks at everyone of his shots as if it were his son telling him wanted to major in interpretive dance in college.

Really rooting for Finau to do well this year, I think if he had been on two healthy ankles last year he could have finished top 3.

Heard some interesting stats.
In the last 20 years, the total number of double bogeys made by the winners is 3. I.e. If you make a double, you're out of it.
In the past 10-12 years, the winner was no lower than 8th place after the first day.

The air suction system that pulls the water out of the ground is pretty amazing. There were several vents in the ground by the fairways that were really blowing hard on Tuesday afternoon. Think the course is fairly dry now.

So 15% of Masters winners over the past 20 years made at least one double bogey over 72 holes. Sounds about right. How does that compare to other tournaments played on the same course every year ?

Tiger is absolutely bombing it. Missed three putts inside 10 feet so far. Needs to capitalize on the back. Parred 10 and 11 which are playing the toughest so far.

Yeah, if he keeps hitting it like this, anything worse than -3 is going to be a serious disappointment.

So you can play Augusta with no collar? Interesting.

I've been using the Masters page online all day, switched to ESPN on tv at 3:00 and then pretty much immediately switched back to the computer. TV just wasn't doing it for me.

What is everyone else using?

Back