• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Hoops 2019-2020

I completely forgot about Wright in the above post. Didn't mention Johnson & Wynn, either... But that wasn't an oversight.

I completely forgot about Wright in the above post. Didn't mention Johnson & Wynn, either... But that wasn't an oversight.

yeah, Johnson will never be an ACC-level player and in all likelihood neither will Wynn

No confirmation on Richmond. They haven't been great so that wouldn't be a ridiculous addition. That said, the schedule is loaded right now as is. Has to be one of the hardest schedules we've played in the last 10-15 years.
My honest opinion on that is, the harder the schedule, the more losses we get [including the strong potential of winless,] the easier it will be for Currie to get the Administration to FINALLY swallow that damn idiot buyout.

And, even [ putting on my Black Sunshine glasses] maybe firing Manikin midseason.

all 3 of the listed players has improved each year at WF, and White was a better player in 2017-18 than Hoard (an NBA prospect at the beginning of the season whose prospects got worse as he played) was last year

and yeah, I addressed the coaching deficiency

White '17-18: 6 win team, #135 SOS, 15.0 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 1.2 apg, 42%fg, 32% 3fg
Hoard '18-19: 11 win team, #52 SOS, 13.1 ppg, 7.6 reb, 1.5 apg, 46%fg, 22% 3fg

Not sure why you are arguing why White was a better player.

White '17-18: 6 win team, #135 SOS, 15.0 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 1.2 apg, 42%fg, 32% 3fg
Hoard '18-19: 11 win team, #52 SOS, 13.1 ppg, 7.6 reb, 1.5 apg, 46%fg, 22% 3fg

Not sure why you are arguing why White was a better player.

split out 2-point FG% from 3-pt FG%

White 52.4% 2-PT, 32.3% 3-PT, .505 eFG%, 21.2 PER, 109.9 ORtg, 106.8 DRtg
Hoard 50.2% 2-PT, 22.6% 3-PT, .458 eFG%, 18.1 PER, 102.3 ORtg, 109.0 DRtg

mucious all acc? honorable mention possibly but this dude has a WAYSSSS to go before hes dangerous. hope im wrong

no one said Mucius would be all-ACC - I said he could/should be an ACC-level player next year (he really wasn't this past year)

Definitely take the under on that. I'd put the over/under at 9.5. The schedule is tougher and we have less talent. I think Chaundee will be solid, but he'll be playing out of position and carrying a bigger load than he should. The rest of the team will be a disaster.

Who will be this year's Houston Baptist? Columbia looks like the best bet.

We don’t need Hoard! We’ve got Sunday. Everything will be bubbles.

I mean. If we win 15 games it will be impressive. Which is good since that’s objectively trash.

The fewest wins Manning has ever had as a HC is 11. The fewest wins Rex Walters ever had as a HC is also 11. Now that we've added the two of them together, I don't see a conceivable way that we win fewer than 22 games - that's our floor.

There are some insanely optimistic post in this thread. Some of you guys think that Wake will be better next year than last year. Adrien White will be better than Jalen Hoard.

This team may have the worst front court that I can remember at Wake. I am probably missing some year - when has the front court been worse?

3-point shooting will be suspect. Athleticism will be at best mediocre.

I don't think a good coach would win 10 games with this team.
Manning's team have almost always underachieved this board's low expectations, largely because Manning teams are bad at all aspects of defense.

I expect the lowest win total of the modern era. Most likely followed by a vote of confidence by Currie and renewed optimism by recruits ranked in the 400-800 range.

There are some insanely optimistic post in this thread. Some of you guys think that Wake will be better next year than last year. Adrien White will be better than Jalen Hoard.

This team may have the worst front court that I can remember at Wake. I am probably missing some year - when has the front court been worse?

Manning's team have almost always underachieved this board's low expectations, largely because Manning teams are bad at all aspects of defense.

I expect the lowest win total of the modern era. Most likely followed by a vote of confidence by Currie and renewed optimism by recruits ranked in the 400-800 range.

+1,000,000 rip wake basketball.

I don’t have high expectations, but this feels too pessimistic.

Honestly, it’s expectations like this that make me worry we could see Manning again in 2020-21. If the team somehow gets to 15+ wins, the argument could be made that he should stick around.

I think we’ll be improved over the last two seasons... But that’s still shitty.

Agree the frontcourt sucks. Huge concern.

Less worried about 3 pt shooting and athleticism.

Just let Manning finish out the remainder of his contract. No one really cares about Wake basketball anymore.

I don’t have high expectations, but this feels too pessimistic.

Honestly, it’s expectations like this that make me worry we could see Manning again in 2020-21. If the team somehow gets to 15+ wins, the argument could be made that he should stick around.

I think we’ll be improved over the last two seasons... But that’s still shitty.

Agree the frontcourt sucks. Huge concern.

Less worried about 3 pt shooting and athleticism.

This is really where I am as well.

You almost have to try to be as shitty as we have been over the last two years, and 4 of the last 5. Concerned that regression to the mean will be confused with improvement.

I've placed Wake Bball and NCAA basketball on the same level as College Rowing. Wake Bball is broken and the vast cheating in general makes it a worthless fan endeavor. Y'all need to walk through this door and don't look back. Wishing and hoping is not a plan.

Back