• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Hoops 2019-2020

Would any other program in the country refer to playing as "the grind"?

It's a different connotation than I think you're thinking of. It's not a grind as in a hard thing you don't want to do. It's a grind as in grinding, working hard toward a desired goal. Not sure if that makes sense but there's a distinction.

It's a different connotation than I think you're thinking of. It's not a grind as in a hard thing you don't want to do. It's a grind as in grinding, working hard toward a desired goal. Not sure if that makes sense but there's a distinction.

I "get" it. Could we produce a similar video summarizing the past 5 years? Does anyone listen or care about how hard we work to support this creep show? Better yet, this embarrassment?

28bs900.gif

Seems like that selection of what to show from practice represents Manning’s philosophy. They just have to hit shots.

Would any other program in the country refer to playing as "the grind"?

To regular people, "the grind" refers to something that is long and drawn out, and is unpleasant and not fun. It is a perfect description of Wake Forest basketball.

“Regular people?” Geez.

I am resolving to say nothing more about Wellman, so I have nothing to add to this thread beyond the observation, which is obvious, that this will be another very bad year.

To regular people, "the grind" refers to something that is long and drawn out, and is unpleasant and not fun. It is a perfect description of Wake Forest basketball.

There are some great coffee shops with variations of the name “The Grind”

Makes me sick to my stomach watching those practice videos knowing full well we could have landed Oates. Danny's practice looks like a fucking middle School practice

WFU basketball practice looks identical to what every team does at the ten minute warmup before the game.

Guys relax. Those videos were from last year. I'm sure Danny will have the team hitting on all cylinders this time around for summer practice.

Sendek used to call it "chopping wood."

Last edited:
The 30 days following those videos weren't too great for someone in the videos...

Back