• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Hoops 2019-2020

Mucius is not a PF even in today’s game. He needs to improve in every facet of the game even to be an effective SF.

Would be nice to be able to play Sarr at the 4, which is his true position IMO. In order to do that we will need 1 of our 4 projects to be able to give us 20 MPG at Center.

our 1-3 will be OK. Chill/Wright Brown/White Mucius/Massoud

Mucius is not a PF even in today’s game. He needs to improve in every facet of the game even to be an effective SF.

Nah, once Mu starts stroking that corner 3 as a stretch-4 the whole court is going to open up.

Always 1 or 2 pieces away: The Wake Forest Story

Clearly you didn't watch any Wake games last year. We might have one piece (was two before Hoard bolted), but the rest are not ACC type players. Can Chaundee step up and be a consistent ACC player on both ends? Possibly. Sharone has some upside as well, but long ways away from being considered an All ACC player type player. Sarr has shown little and struggles against smallers on Houston Baptist and other rpi 300 type schools, so I think we are more like 3-4 pieces away.

As someone else noted the only good news is the nail in DM's coffins are being hammered in with authority.

Oh, we are sure as shit going to see a TON of lineups like:

Chill/White/Brown/Mucius or Massoud/Sarr

I still think of Sarr as a 4.5 (meaning not suited perfectly for either the 4 or the 5)... But the pu-pu platter of freshman 5s probably won't give him much of an opportunity to play the 4. We'll also have far too many guards and wings in the rotation for that to happen much.

I don't think we'll be much worse next year, but I fail to see how we'll be that much better. Just a shitty situation all around to go into a season waiting for the end of it so we can fire the coach.

Clearly you didn't watch any Wake games last year. We might have one piece (was two before Hoard bolted), but the rest are not ACC type players. Can Chaundee step up and be a consistent ACC player on both ends? Possibly. Sharone has some upside as well, but long ways away from being considered an All ACC player type player. Sarr has shown little and struggles against smallers on Houston Baptist and other rpi 300 type schools, so I think we are more like 3-4 pieces away.

As someone else noted the only good news is the nail in DM's coffins are being hammered in with authority.

If Danny has any "big man magic" left, he needs to put it to use on Sarr. If Wake is to have success, Sarr will need to step up and produce a lot more than he has so far at Wake.

Some big "ifs" above.

Just a shitty situation all around to go into a season waiting for the end of it so we can fire the coach.

Not much different for me than any other season the last 10 years.

WF will be better next year as WF will likely return 7 of its top 9 from last year, and add a senior transfer (White) and solid frosh in Massoud. Also, most of the conference loses more than WF does.

None of that will mean that WF will come close to an NCAA tourney bid or enough to save Manning from the end of his time at WF, but WF will be better than 11-20 (4-14). WF won't lose to the HBU/GW types, and will go something like 7-13 in the ACC. Overall record - 15-15... better, but still bad. The table has been set for a coaching change after next season.

WF will be better next year as WF will likely return 7 of its top 9 from last year, and add a senior transfer (White) and solid frosh in Massoud. Also, most of the conference loses more than WF does.

None of that will mean that WF will come close to an NCAA tourney bid or enough to save Manning from the end of his time at WF, but WF will be better than 11-20 (4-14). WF won't lose to the HBU/GW types, and will go something like 7-13 in the ACC. Overall record - 15-15... better, but still bad. The table has been set for a coaching change after next season.

Are we sure that just being better isn't going to be enough to save his job? 15 wins might be all he needs.

Last year we were going to be better because we were losing the "problem" players and adding a "great" class. Now that last year's team sucked, we are going to be better next year because we return everybody, minus our most talented, and add a transfer and borderline ACC freshman. I never can keep up with all of the ways that Wake is going to be better...next year.

I love the constant stream of transfers coming from schools that have 5 win records that are going to make us better.

Last year we were going to be better because we were losing the "problem" players and adding a "great" class. Now that last year's team sucked, we are going to be better next year because we return everybody, minus our most talented, and add a transfer and borderline ACC freshman. I never can keep up with all of the ways that Wake is going to be better...next year.

This, the 7* players we are returning absolutely are trash and manning hasn't shown any signs of being able to develop talent. Our OOC schedule is harder this year than last. I fully expect a 7-8 win season this year.

*Number almost definitely will be lower by the start of next season due to transfers, early exists, suspensions, and arrests.

Yep. Add back Hoard and we woud have been a bubble team.

Brown and chill aren’t trash but for the most part we still have unproven young guys (mucius Hoard - all the freshmen coming in) and projects that can hopefully pan out (Sarr).

Back