• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Hoops 2019-2020

Ah, I think I said the same thing about Collins. Stealing him from Miami was huge (then). You know who wanted Massoud badly? Bruce Pearl.

I didn't say he'd show up and be Zion for us. I said he'd be our best player (really should have said "might"). He could be our best player and STILL be our 5th most productive player with 8th most minutes. Look as far as John Collins frosh year. He was obviously our best player, but it did not translate to the court because we had Thomas, he was foul prone, and Manning gonna Manning.

I didn't mean to imply Ismael was going to come in and hit 13/8 like Hoard. I do think there are 13/8 players who really hold a team together and 13/8 players who don't. Whatever the number, I am hoping Massoud is a player who pulls a team together doing a bunch of different stuff on and off the court and playing with a certain attitude.

We'll still win about 10 games next year unless we change coaches. It is just a matter of how watchable games will be.

There's lots of bad basketball played on the bubble.

Ah, I think I said the same thing about Collins. Stealing him from Miami was huge (then). You know who wanted Massoud badly? Bruce Pearl.

I didn't say he'd show up and be Zion for us. I said he'd be our best player (really should have said "might"). He could be our best player and STILL be our 5th most productive player with 8th most minutes. Look as far as John Collins frosh year. He was obviously our best player, but it did not translate to the court because we had Thomas, he was foul prone, and Manning gonna Manning.

I didn't mean to imply Ismael was going to come in and hit 13/8 like Hoard. I do think there are 13/8 players who really hold a team together and 13/8 players who don't. Whatever the number, I am hoping Massoud is a player who pulls a team together doing a bunch of different stuff on and off the court and playing with a certain attitude.

We'll still win about 10 games next year unless we change coaches. It is just a matter of how watchable games will be.

Let's hope he's not into paintball.

Sorry but I don’t ever remember a 10 win team being watchable. That’s going to be a clown 🤡 show no matter how u slice it. But if you enjoy the circus dump????

Wake will play at Penn State in the ACC/B1G Challenge, December 4.

Wake will play at Penn State in the ACC/B1G Challenge, December 4.

Guessing the game will be on the Ocho.... [video]http://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=20291263&lang=en[/video]

Here is the full schedule (Hokies are the ACC team left out; the rankings are from a CBS Sports expert):

Monday, Dec. 2:

Miami at Illinois
Clemson at Minnesota

Tuesday, Dec. 3:

Michigan at Louisville (4)
Iowa (16) at Syracuse
Rutgers at Pitt
Duke (2) at Michigan State (1)
Florida State at Indiana
Northwestern at Boston College

Wednesday, Dec. 4:

Virginia (8) at Purdue (17)
Notre Dame at Maryland (5)
Nebraska at Georgia Tech
Ohio State (21) at North Carolina (7)
Wisconsin at NC State
Wake Forest at Penn State

Deacs will be coming in hot after winning the Wooden Legacy Championship Game on Sunday, December 1st.

And will be tied atop the ACC at 1-0 after beating rival BC in Conte Forum on November 6th!

Probably ranked by the 2nd week of December!

This is how we would build a bubble resume if Hoard had stayed.

So Davidson, Richmond, Xavier, Penn State, Columbia, and three tourney games plus 20 ACC games.

Lol yeah good luck team.

Here is the full schedule (Hokies are the ACC team left out; the rankings are from a CBS Sports expert):

Monday, Dec. 2:

Miami at Illinois
Clemson at Minnesota

Tuesday, Dec. 3:

Michigan at Louisville (4)
Iowa (16) at Syracuse
Rutgers at Pitt
Duke (2) at Michigan State (1)
Florida State at Indiana
Northwestern at Boston College

Wednesday, Dec. 4:

Virginia (8) at Purdue (17)
Notre Dame at Maryland (5)
Nebraska at Georgia Tech
Ohio State (21) at North Carolina (7)
Wisconsin at NC State
Wake Forest at Penn State

Duke vs Michigan State That's a big early season game.

Back