• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Hoops 2019-2020

Beyond the thread title, I can't wait to see what this season's official hashtag will be.

Looking at the 96/97 "Net Results" schedule poster on the wall of my office and shaking my head.

#NewBeginnings

It'll have to be something about growing or maturing, right? Almost like the Panthers' dumb "Keep Pounding"... But more basketball related. #KeepGrinding?

I mean, like one day later... “The grind continues”

*Watches video*
*Looks at roster*

Last edited:
Nobody associated with our basketball program should be using the word “continues.”

Or “grind” for that matter. At its best it just conjures up anything but excitement; at its worst it reminds us fans how the b-ball program has been treating us for ten years.

Maybe I’m just being too cynical but that Childress step back against Wright looked set up. It just looked like it was the 5th take.

Yes I'm very cynical that every outside shot they happen to film went in. Maybe not multiple takes of the same thing but selective editing of course

Yes I'm very cynical that every outside shot they happen to film went in. Maybe not multiple takes of the same thing but selective editing of course

However it is easy to make shot after shot on Danny Manning coached defenses.

Why would you let players get away with stuff in practice that will get you a technical in the game? Slapping the backboard after a dunk is just plain stupid and I can see our squad having a mental lapse and doing that.

Why would you let players get away with stuff in practice that will get you a technical in the game? Slapping the backboard after a dunk is just plain stupid and I can see our squad having a mental lapse and doing that.

Why would that matter if you aren’t going to win anyway?

I had the same thought

Same reason you allow your team to play shitty defense for 5 years in a row, I suppose

It’s a recruiting video.

Can we just kill this thread in the same manner DM has killed our program. It is a constant painful reminder of just how horrible we are and the hopeless state of the program.

Let the madness end!

Back