• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Notre Dame on fire

Got to give credit to the Paris firefighters, they are truly some of the best in the world. The Paris Fire Brigade is part of the French Army's engineering branch, l'arme du génie, and is the 3rd largest in the world.

A few updates:
  • 2 police officers and 1 firefighter were slightly injured
  • The roof is gone, but the stone arch under the roof is mostly still there.
  • Only 1 of the stained glass rose windows has fallen out
  • The 16 statues around the spire were removed 4 days ago, but the spire is destroyed
  • The main relics and works of art were all saved
  • The structure is more than likely going to be considered unstable for a while, the roof helped support the walls, and with the roof gone there is a chance of a wall(s) collapsing.

That’s great and all, but they should have just dropped water from the air. Seems like an easy fix !

If dropping water from the air is bad, what happens to the cathedral when it rains ?

That’s great and all, but they should have just dropped water from the air. Seems like an easy fix !

Air drops using snow from the Alps would have been the absolute best. The coldness would cool the fire and the water would help put it out.

If dropping water from the air is bad, what happens to the cathedral when it rains ?

Big difference between rain arriving in drops and tons of water arriving aa a mass.

Think of it like the difference between 100 pounds of sand being dropped on your head over half an hour vs a 100 pound rock dropped on your head. Very different consequences.

Big difference between rain arriving in drops and tons of water arriving aa a mass.

Think of it like the difference between 100 pounds of sand being dropped on your head over half an hour vs a 100 pound rock dropped on your head. Very different consequences.

couldnt decide between:

fhb7b1hmzsi21.jpg

or this one

6a00d8341c387d53ef014e8a72ead8970d-600wi

Ahhhh, okay. Thanks for explaining. Still having a hard time understanding so starting with the sand right now. They're doing sitework across the street so I'll see if they have a 100-pound rock.

Love when people treat a Biff post seriously.

Is this the first charitable act any of these billionaires has ever undertaken ?

I think, for the fist time ever, I'm with Catamount with this one. Admissions fees and art lending continue to fund the coverup. Catholics are T-rash.

Let's not forget that former Pope Benedict the guy who was head of the global church during the most of the exposure of the systemic and continued crimes against CHILDREN by the church, wrote a letter LAST WEEK blaming the child sex crisis on the sexual revolution of the 60s. THESE GUYS GET IT.

yeah, catholics are dumb.

800 year old monuments to human ingenuity and industry are not

I'm rooting for the Great Pyramids to collapse because Pharoah worshipped the Sun God and used slave labor !

If it was really a monument to ingenuity I think it would have a sprinkler system. This is the emergency fire system at Kennedy Space Center, which protects our super sweet moon rockets, which display a level of ingenuity slightly greater than a wooden church with oil paintings.

i'll bet you $10 that rocket platform isn't still functional in 860 years, possibly even standing

Pyramids were also built without a sprinkler system.

True, they might have found a high pressure aquifer a mile under the sand.

Back