• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Notre Dame on fire

This was just one of the interior spaces in the attic of Notre Dame, with some of the oak timbers dating back to the 12th century.

190415172608-notre-dame-ceiling-1.jpg

Seems like there is a need for something in between an air tanker and a hose.

Like a helicopter carrying a giant ass raindrop shower head it can fill up in a bendy River.

I think, for the fist time ever, I'm with Catamount with this one. Admissions fees and art lending continue to fund the coverup. Catholics are T-rash.

I might be misremembering, but I don't think Notre Dame had an admission fee.

Like a helicopter carrying a giant ass raindrop shower head it can fill up in a bendy River.

Not sure if serious, but those already exist. Not sure why they weren't deployed - perhaps there are no helicopter fire-fighting platforms in France.

Not sure if serious, but those already exist. Not sure why they weren't deployed - perhaps there are no helicopter fire-fighting platforms in France.

They have them, but chose not to deploy them for fears it would cause a structural collapse.

i'll bet you $10 that rocket platform isn't still functional in 860 years, possibly even standing

Bet Taken. You know what will be keeping me alive 860 years from now? American ingenuity, not Parisian firefighters with 10 foot ladders.

Pyramids were also built without a sprinkler system.

Yeah and look how that worked out. Sphinx doesn't even have a nose.

Over a billion dollars pledged to rebuild it, as if the Catholic Church and insurance companies were going to be unable to cover it.

TSY, are you a firefighter? Your expertise has been enlightening.

*Just read that there was no insurance on the cathedral, as it was state owned. Though the contractors would have insurance and be bonded.

Last edited:
Back