• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF at Rice moved from Saturday, Sept 7 to Friday, Sept 6 at 8:00

Houston in late summer humidity does not get me excited. Only been to houston once, doubt we will make the trip. But niggt game is definitely better than an afternoon game.

Rice was won 6 games in 3 years. We should be ok.

Utah St must also travel to the east coast which is trouble for a lot of teams. However, it appears they return their stud QB, Jordan Love.

Last edited:
Let's not overlook Utah St at this point. While we smoked them a couple of years ago, they went 11-2 last year and put up 612 points doing it. Their only losses were in the first game of the season, 38-31 @ Mich St and late @ Boise St 33-24.

Plus the relative unknown of a new coaching staff and I believe the wonderkind QB returns, yes ?

Done Deal(s):

ACC_Trophy_Hood-479.jpg

1405452111000-USP-NCAA-FOOTBALL-NATIONAL-CHAMPIONSHIP-TROPHY-UN-65838024.JPG

Utah St must also travel to the east coast which is trouble for a lot of teams. However, it appears they return their stud QB, Jordan Love.

That qb came in and threw in us with ease late in that game luckily we already had it wrapped up

I'm really not worried about anyone on the schedule other than Clemson. We'll lose a few but I see a 9-4/10-3 type of season, followed by a lifetime extension for Claw.

I really thought Jordan Love was going to grad transfer from Utah St after losing his coach, RB, and top 2 or 3 targets. Pretty bummed he didn't.

He's a R-Jr this year, dunno if he's already graduated. USU not exactly an academic power so possible

They have a new head coach who they just got from Oregon St. As the head coach there, Gary Anderson went 7-23. He did have some good years previous to his time at Oregon St

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Andersen

A lot of his success at Utah State was driven by having stud coordinators. Matt Wells (his successor at Utah State) and Dave Aranda (now at LSU of course and the I believe the highest paid DC in the country). Then he took Aranda with him to Wisconsin.

In his second tenure at Utah State, looks like he's going with Mike Sanford who was a failure as a headcoach at WKU and OC'd at Notre Dame before that (although I'm almost certain that Brian Kelly was calling the plays) and Justin Ena who is a first time DC (although has a strong background, having coached LBs at Utah).

I don't think you can count it as a sure win, but, given all the coach and player turnover (which I would imagine would include shifting to a more pro-style offense), it does feel like a "should win".

Last edited:
Just beating the "holes" and going to a Bowl game will make my season.

Just beating the "holes" and going to a Bowl game will make my season.

Beating the holes, yes. But I really want the NC Trifecta.......beating UNC, State and Duke.
That will give us good bragging rights for recruiting.

(Although as the saying goes 'if it's fact, it ain't braggin')

Back