• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF at Rice moved from Saturday, Sept 7 to Friday, Sept 6 at 8:00

PhDeac

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
Reaction score
How many other programs will have primetime nationally televised games the first three weeks? Probably not even Georgia.

We BIG TIME BABYYYYYYY

How many other programs will have primetime nationally televised games the first three weeks? Probably not even Georgia.

We BIG TIME BABYYYYYYY

One of the many perks of weeknight college football.

So we're looking at 3 wins in a row in 3 weeks on national tv to start the season.
Doubt we'll sneak up on anyone after that.

So we're looking at 3 wins in a row in 3 weeks on national tv to start the season.

should probably go ahead and put the target on our back imo

should probably go ahead and put the target on our back imo

That's just going to get Elon hyped to beat us on our own Homecoming.

But seriously, we should be 4-0 going into at BC.

I don't hate this. Give us a little more time to rest up and heal before we beat the absolute dogshit out of the Holes.

Houston in late summer humidity does not get me excited. Only been to houston once, doubt we will make the trip. But niggt game is definitely better than an afternoon game.

This is great. LSU at Texas the next night is now on the menu.

Houston in late summer humidity does not get me excited. Only been to houston once, doubt we will make the trip. But niggt game is definitely better than an afternoon game.
Agree. Avoiding some of the Texas heat will be nice.

Let's not overlook Utah St at this point. While we smoked them a couple of years ago, they went 11-2 last year and put up 612 points doing it. Their only losses were in the first game of the season, 38-31 @ Mich St and late @ Boise St 33-24.

Years ago a Thursday game was pretty special. Only a couple of Thursday games in the nation got you at least regional coverage and sometimes national. Now with so many games on Thursday I'm not sure it has nearly the impact. I haven't paid too much attention but is a Friday game the new Thursday of old? Or are there also a bunch of Friday games too?

Or maybe some of us like our chances of beating a good team to start the season.

It'll be tough, but good news is they lost a TON from last year

It'll be tough, but good news is they lost a TON from last year

They did lose a ton, including pretty much the whole starting OL. They lost 9 from the offensive 2 deep, most of which were starters, to graduation and the NFL and 5 from the defensive 2 deep. New coach, new players so will be tougher to gauge what to expect though the "new old" coach has a lot of tape from his past to review. They will bring in Juco's and transfers so that is the big question mark. How quickly can the "new experienced" guys coming in gel and get up to speed. Looking at their 2019 class they had at least 4 Juco's and 3 immediately eligible transfers. Interestingly, I didn't notice any OL in those Juco's or transfers.

They did lose a ton, including pretty much the whole starting OL. They lost 9 from the offensive 2 deep, most of which were starters, to graduation and the NFL and 5 from the defensive 2 deep. New coach, new players so will be tougher to gauge what to expect though the "new old" coach has a lot of tape from his past to review. They will bring in Juco's and transfers so that is the big question mark. How quickly can the "new experienced" guys coming in gel and get up to speed. Looking at their 2019 class they had at least 4 Juco's and 3 immediately eligible transfers. Interestingly, I didn't notice any OL in those Juco's or transfers.

This is all accurate.

I think they will still be able to sling the ball if they can protect the QB. And I like our secondary on the outsides but not in the middle.

Points will be scored.

Back