• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cocktails with Currie - Country Club Casual

I hope somebody here attends this event and takes copious notes and pictures, as it is going to be absolutely crucial to know how Currie interprets "country club casual."

I hope somebody here attends this event and takes copious notes and pictures, as it is going to be absolutely crucial to know how Currie interprets "country club casual."

No need. Just find a picture of Ronnie from 20 years ago.

They aren't sending you down as part of the event staff?

What are considered the big 4 clubs in CLT?

No need. Just find a picture of Ronnie from 20 years ago.

This internet warrior has already identified the next focus of his ire, and he hasn’t even officially started at Wake yet. Impressive! Rage on!!!

This internet warrior has already identified the next focus of his ire, and he hasn’t even officially started at Wake yet. Impressive! Rage on!!!

I mean Currie is definitely Wellman 2.0

There's a reason Wellman stayed at Wake, were he could lord over a small collection of dweebs who are so desperate for attention that they'll gladly shell out millions of dollars for VIP (lol) status. Wellman would have been eaten alive at Big School U, where results in revenue sports actually matter. Just like Currie was.

I mean Currie is definitely Wellman 2.0

There's a reason Wellman stayed at Wake, were he could lord over a small collection of dweebs who are so desperate for attention that they'll gladly shell out millions of dollars for VIP (lol) status. Wellman would have been eaten alive at Big School U, where results in revenue sports actually matter. Just like Currie was.

Yeah, except that he excelled at Kansas State before being hired at UT, so your narrative doesn’t match reality.

I've never heard the term "country club casual" in my life, but fortunately I have internet access and within 30 seconds was able to learn that it is more casual than business casual and it is a phrase used by people that plan events. Other phrases include (BTW, I'm not yelling, I just copied and pasted these from a website):

SMART CASUAL
DRESSY CASUAL
COUNTRY CLUB CASUAL
BUSINESS CASUAL
COCKTAIL ATTIRE
LOUNGE
WHITE TIE
BLACK TIE
CREATIVE BLACK TIE
WARM WEATHER BLACK TIE
BLACK TIE OPTIONAL

Smart casual. Lol.

It’s a black tie event, but I opted not to wear a black tie. Lol.

I went to a wedding once in a suit and everybody had on a tux.

Back