• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cocktails with Currie - Country Club Casual

Small town country clubs aren’t nearly as expensive and exclusive as the ones in large cities. And I would rather play Cedar Brook CC in Elkin and Cross Creek CC in Mt Airy than Old Town, Forsyth, Cape Fear CC, and many other over priced clubs. Hell, you can be an out of town member at the Surf CC in North Myrtle for $2500 plus $250 per month. The Surf puts Cape Fear to shame.

I have long aspired to be an out of town member at a North Myrtle Beach golf club. Does that price include the remote controlled push cart ?

You’d rather play Cross Creek than Old Town?

Regardless of cost, yes. Just a personal preference. IMO, Crenshaw’s group ruined Old Town and Pinehurst #2. And Old Town’s greens are too fast for the undulations.

I can think of better things to do with $250/month. Like buying a velvet and gold noose with which to hang myself.

From a "join the club" perspective I can see Cross Creek over OTC. From simply a "let's go play 18" I definitely can't understand choosing Cross Creek.

Regardless of cost, yes. Just a personal preference. IMO, Crenshaw’s group ruined Old Town and Pinehurst #2. And Old Town’s greens are too fast for the undulations.

You didn't like the re-do of #2? I thought it was awesome and believe the consensus feeling about it among real golf people has been tremendously positive.

You didn't like the re-do of #2? I thought it was awesome and believe the consensus feeling about it among real golf people has been tremendously positive.

I didn't like it, especially not for the pros. Having a championship golf course with no rough is silly, IMO.

ETA: except for Augusta.

I was fine with the #2 redo but hate the way they let so much of it turn brown, which looked horrible in person and on TV. Also, the setup made the championship terrible for spectators wrt getting anywhere close to the action and bottlenecks.

How does Forsyth CC compare with Old Town?

From a golf course standpoint, Old Town is considered a far better course. Forsyth isn't on a great piece of property - very hilly and built before earth was moved as it is now. Forsyth does have nice facilities.

Interesting course discussion but back to Currie....

Besides the white bucks and blazers crowd, has this guy held any meet and greets on campus with the students?

From afar, it seems he's been keeping a low profile. Besides the obvious, any guesses on his list of 'to do' items post 5/1?

If Thanos's snap obliterated every single person with a country club membership, the world would be a much better place.

No reason to be racist against country club members.

Back