• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cocktails with Currie - Country Club Casual

I sent an email basically saying the fanbase was eagerly awaiting his thoughts on the state of the program and how he intends to fix it. He said he's going to respond to all emails, we'll see.

I don't care how Currie dresses...let's just put a quality product on the court!

I am not paying attention to you Currie, until you address men’s basketball.

Right after Hoard goes undrafted would be a good time to make a move.

Check your inbox for a Delivery Failure Notification, 2&2. The email address printed in Currie's message is correct, but the hyperlink in the message opens an email with an incorrect address. We'll see if MSD figures it out and corrects the hyperlink.

Last edited:
Can't respond to an e-mail you never get

Roll-Safe-Think-About-It.jpg

They fixed the hyperlink in the message on godeacs.com this morning, but all the emails that they sent yesterday still have a bad hyperlink.

They fixed the hyperlink in the message on godeacs.com this morning, but all the emails that they sent yesterday still have a bad hyperlink.

Hopefully it just means all of the emails from the olds who wanted to write to let Currie know that things are perfect just the way they are won't make it through. The rest of us should be savvy enough to recognize a bounced email.

Just got an email for this that said business cas -- so which is it?

Here's his response:

"Dear James,

Thank you for your message, and your interest in and commitment to Wake Forest athletics. I understand your concerns. I will do everything I can to maintain the excellence and prominence of our athletic programs.

Sincerely,

John Currie"

EVERYONE here should email him.

We brought PTI to their knees.....

Here's his response:

"Dear James,

Thank you for your message, and your interest in and commitment to Wake Forest athletics. I understand your concerns. I will do everything I can to maintain the excellence and prominence of our athletic programs.

Sincerely,

John Currie"

Do we know if Currie has a Communications Assistant, separate from an Admin Assistant, who reads these emails and responds with the apropos response via cut/paste?

This one is under “concerns.”

EVERYONE here should email him.

We brought PTI to their knees.....

I get the canned response. But don’t ask people to email you if that’s all they’re going to get.

Here's his response:

"Dear James,

If Currie’s goal is “maintain the excellence (sic) and prominence (sic) of our athletic programs,” then, no, you do not understand our concerns. Maybe Wellman is handling Currie’s email?

Maybe someone could email teasing a donation to see how closely he reads them

LOL at that response. The more things change. . . .

The Wake AD really needs to go out and find a first-rate PR/communications expert to handle all of their outgoing correspondence. That one move would do wonders.

Maybe I'm giving Currie too much credit, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that his saying "I understand (as opposed to appreciate) your concerns" was his deliberate and well thought out way to convey that he won't tolerate where the BB program is today for long. But it's kinda like Daniel Jones being picked at #6: we can argue/debate what either guy will do in the long run, but only way to know for sure is to let it play out. In Jones's case it may take several seasons, but in Currie's we'll know no later than noon on March 20 of next year (day after ACC tournament final).

Maybe I'm giving Currie too much credit, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that his saying "I understand (as opposed to appreciate) your concerns" was his deliberate and well thought out way to convey that he won't tolerate where the BB program is today for long. But it's kinda like Daniel Jones being picked at #6: we can argue/debate what either guy will do in the long run, but only way to know for sure is to let it play out. In Jones's case it may take several seasons, but in Currie's we'll know no later than noon on March 20 of next year (day after ACC tournament final).

I can run with this. Baby steps.

Back