• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cocktails with Currie - Country Club Casual

Any live reports or do we have to wait until it's over?

It was awesome.

Glad to hear it was a good event. There are a lot of pics on Twitter. It appears there was a variety of attire, yet somehow people managed to have a good time. It’s fun to look at the pics and guess who Biff is.

Glad to hear it was a good event. There are a lot of pics on Twitter. It appears there was a variety of attire, yet somehow people managed to have a good time. It’s fun to look at the pics and guess who Biff is.

So you’re saying the douchey dress code request was unnecessary?

How is "no need to wear a suit or stuffy business clothes - feel free to wear khakis/chinos and a polo shirt" a douchey request?

It didn’t say that. It said “country club casual.” That assumes a certain dress for a certain social class.

It didn’t say that. It said “country club casual.” That assumes a certain dress for a certain social class.

Is "business casual" a certain dress for a certain social class?

No. Businesses aren’t as exclusionary as country clubs.

No. Businesses aren’t as exclusionary as country clubs.

This whole thing is such a stupid argument part of me wants to goad PhDeac into making his 100Kth post on here. But ultimately, this is such a stupid argument that it's a better use of my time to just shake my head and go to bed.

Why name a style of dress after a place relatively few people have been? I can understand how you would think someone is stupid if they didn't grow up going to country clubs, though. Us poors just don't know who you all dress in there.

it's easier to get to 100,000 posts when you literally never let anyone else have the last word in a discussion

t5vlCr0.jpg

I was assuming nothing of any substance would be said, so I played golf (at a country club!) and ate wings. Any stories/anecdotes worth telling, Biff? Anyone get liquored up and ask some legit questions, or did everyone just lick Currie's Allen Edmonds?

Back