• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cocktails with Currie - Country Club Casual

Why name a style of dress after a place relatively few people have been? I can understand how you would think someone is stupid if they didn't grow up going to country clubs, though. Us poors just don't know who you all dress in there.

1. It is a pretty accepted attire description. It is not like this was made up a couple of weeks ago by someone in the Deacon Club.
2. I would bet that at least 95% of WFU alums/parents/students have actually been to a country club at least once in their life - be it for a wedding, business meeting, civic meeting, reception of some sort, etc.
3. I would bet that at least 99% of WFU alums/parents/students have access to the internet and thus the ability to google "county club casual.
4. The event was not held at a country club and I am pretty sure it didn't restrict the crowd to only people who were members of country clubs. They simply made an attire description to help people not feel out of place when they show up over or under dressed.

Biff what's the toughest question that was asked last night?

I wasn't really paying attention but some UNC-C kid snuck in and challenged the whole ACC to schedule them home-and-home in football.

So is it rude to invite people to a country club casual event but wear a suit and tie yourself?

Not if it's a business function and business attire is appropriate in your role.

1. It is a pretty accepted attire description. It is not like this was made up a couple of weeks ago by someone in the Deacon Club.
2. I would bet that at least 95% of WFU alums/parents/students have actually been to a country club at least once in their life - be it for a wedding, business meeting, civic meeting, reception of some sort, etc.
3. I would bet that at least 99% of WFU alums/parents/students have access to the internet and thus the ability to google "county club casual.
4. The event was not held at a country club and I am pretty sure it didn't restrict the crowd to only people who were members of country clubs. They simply made an attire description to help people not feel out of place when they show up over or under dressed.

This post should end the conversation. But of course it won't. Actually, the third post in this entire thread should have ended the conversation - from Biff: "And I know you're not actually perplexed. You're just trying to gain some street cred with our more granola, anti-establishment posters by acting like you don't know how to dress for a reception after work."

I wasn't really paying attention but some UNC-C kid snuck in and challenged the whole ACC to schedule them home-and-home in football.

Sounds like a smart kid. All they can say is no.

Anyways after looking at both twitter accounts, the Deacon Club social media person is much smarter than the AD's. Which really makes zero sense. Does the AD hire anyone under the age of 50, who would understand how to make your organization look acceptable in 2019?

Sounds like a smart kid. All they can say is no.

Anyways after looking at both twitter accounts, the Deacon Club social media person is much smarter than the AD's. Which really makes zero sense. Does the AD hire anyone under the age of 50, who would understand how to make your organization look acceptable in 2019?

You're damn right he's a smart kid.

That's like formal business casual dress. No golf shirts?

Not if it's a business function and business attire is appropriate in your role.

Good point. Currie and Stan are at work. Everybody else is not.

Our resident fashionista, social butterfly and thirsty for power Biff all about that sweet restricted access.

OGBoards Premium coming right up

I'll never forget how many of you people I had to step on to reach the top.

Of course some of you won't let me forget that I was "born on third base" so it's really no big deal.

Our resident fashionista, social butterfly and thirsty for power Biff all about that sweet restricted access.

OGBoards Premium coming right up

LOL. There wasn’t even a table to have a seat at.

I'll never forget how many of you people I had to step on to reach the top.

Of course some of you won't let me forget that I was "born on third base" so it's really no big deal.
With great power comes great responsibility.

if you go to a wedding or business meeting at a country club, doubtful you're sporting "country club casual." at least for a wedding.

if you go to a wedding or business meeting at a country club, doubtful you're sporting "country club casual." at least for a wedding.

I think he was responding to Ph's contention that hardly anybody has ever been to a country club.

Back