• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cocktails with Currie - Country Club Casual

Not every club is the same, but for the most part it's just guys who want to play golf and their families.

I misread. You said the greatest percentage among rich people is those who inherited wealth, not in general.

giphy.gif

I misread. You said the greatest percentage among rich people is those who inherited wealth, not in general.

Yep - thanks for correcting. As Biff pointed out, most people at most clubs are just golfers who have enough money to manage the membership fees - along with their families.

anecdote: Carolina Country Club was the most well-known country club in Raleigh when I grew up. they admitted their first black (and possibly first non-white) member in 2013. almost the entire restaurant staff was black.

my friend's parents got married there in the 70s and weren't allowed to have black guests.

it also costs like $50,000 to join plus $500+ in monthly dues

Must be having the event in Charlotte because our new AD lives there. He tweeted about his kids attending Myers Park High School. Seems a strange decision to live so far away. And it would seem to be a clear message to Winston-Salem that he's not really trying to be a part of the community. Welcome to our new aloof AD, younger but same as the last.

Must be having the event in Charlotte because our new AD lives there. He tweeted about his kids attending Myers Park High School. Seems a strange decision to live so far away. And it would seem to be a clear message to Winston-Salem that he's not really trying to be a part of the community. Welcome to our new aloof AD, younger but same as the last.

Is this a serious post ?

Today’s tweet said his kid is a senior at Myers Park.

Today’s tweet said his kid is a senior at Myers Park.

Yeah, that was from last night. Yesterday morning's post was from Reynolda Gardens. Post from one hour ago is about meeting with Mayor Joines yesterday.

Is this a serious post ?

It would seem a high profile figure like the AD at Wake Forest would want to live in Winston-Salem or thereabouts. Not an hour and a half away. Guy can do what he wants. But wouldn't seem to be embracing the Winston community by living so far away.

Where is the evidence he’s not moving to Winston this summer?

Where is the evidence he’s not moving to Winston this summer?

So he's going to "transfer" to Myers Park and then graduate there.. Then the family relocate to Winston after he graduates? I suppose that's possible. Just seems convoluted when there are good school options in the Winston area. It's not a huge deal, just struck me as a strange set up.

Probably doesn't want upset fans putting "for sale" signs in his yard

He hasn't even officially started the job yet FFS.

Back