• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cocktails with Currie - Country Club Casual

Cant wait till they host a reception in Raleigh and they call for business casual attire.

It’s more wondering at yet another tone deaf move by an AD with plenty of tone deaf moves lately. Not exactly firing me up to give them money.

All of this will be forgotten once Currie gives a tepid endorsement of Manning at the event. Then we’ll have bigger things to complain about.

Yeah I mean Trump literally always wears a suit unless he's at the country club when it's oversized khakis, polo and hat

My wife , who is not from the South, always said that oversized khakis were an unmistakeable sign of a Wake Forest alum.

i have never been a member or a country club and never will be. But my youngest son and his family are.

How are caricatures of country club folk different from caricatures of ghetto folk in terms of being overly simplistic expressions of personal bias and prejudice?

QFP

Do you people remember those days, back when you were young, when nobody ever thought to associate Wake Forest University with anything related to a country club ?

No, I didn't think so.

yeah, I'm remembering my dad enthusiastically exclaiming how country club-like WF was when we visited in the summer of '01 or whatever. he's very impressed with landscaping and power-washed buildings

Last edited:
To me, the most important part of this whole thing is that Currie is willing to meet with people who are getting liquored up. I assume that Wellman hasn't exactly been a man amongst the people the last several years?

To me, the most important part of this whole thing is that Currie is willing to meet with people who are getting liquored up. I assume that Wellman hasn't exactly been a man amongst the people the last several years?

My experience has been that Wellman would make a quick appearance, shake the important hands and then disappear at events surrounding bowl games, etc.

I do hope that the 1st, 2nd, ,,,,,10th questions asked of Currie are all variations of, when are we going to have a basketball coach?

What’s country club polite? Would they dare ask such a question?

Back