• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Workout and lifting advice/questions

My number 1 piece of advice as an active 48 year old is don't get hurt. Minor injuries I could run/lift through in my 20's and 30's can really slow me down. Gains are harder to keep.

Wonder what routine Anderson Cooper does? that guy's blowed UP!

Has he or is this joke? Saw him about 10 years ago ago in person. Could not have been more than 150 pounds.

He’s probably on test like Bezos, Elon, etc.

Well played, well played.

Right after I hit "send" it occurred to me this would get a response, so well played to you on your response to my post which was not intentionally well played.
But I digress: saw him on 60 Minutes Sunday, and obvs. the guy has ben doing some serious hammer curls (pause before sending to think thru any double meaning of "hammer curls")

Also how has this made it 3 pages without the 5 rep on 20 or 10 rep on 10 pasta? I tried to find it via google but couldn't. Maybe it is a dead meme.

Also how has this made it 3 pages without the 5 rep on 20 or 10 rep on 10 pasta? I tried to find it via google but couldn't. Maybe it is a dead meme.

No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

UMM HOW i word this... ok u take 20 lbs no lifting for 30lb if guy, so divide 2 u dont sit, u get 10 but for guy it no 30, so 20 would be for guy if u werent a girl ?

ahh, memories, pretty sure the very first thread I started on scout once I hit the "500 post rule" was no gym for home.

For my heavy lift of the day(squat, bench, clean, deadlift) I hit 5 reps at 50% of max, 5 at 75%, 4 at 80%, and 5 sets of 3 at 85% of my 1 rep max. Then I hit the ancillary and secondary lifts for the day in a pretty rapid succession, and close with a tabata exercise or a run the rack type exercise. I've been doing this for a couple of months now, and my gains have been pretty decent, and I'm not nearly as bored with my workout as I was with the rut that I had gotten into.

This is similar to my routine.

I’m 40, FWIW.

I still 1 rep max every 2-3 months.

When we did this thread around New Year’s 2017, I went from 210 to 190 by May/June.

Wife thought I was too skinny. 195-200 probably best weight for me (6’2”). Now between 200-205.

Will try to get back below 200 in the next few months.

And I killed this thread.

Update for nobody: Have been exercising more consistently over the last few months, but still eating pretty poorly... So no real results. Started logging my food intake this morning... That was the key the last time I got leaner. Doing a Jim Wendler Prep & Fat Loss program to kick things off... In week 3 of 6. It is a ton of volume and takes a lot longer than I'd like, but it's only 6 weeks. Deload week after than before a more standard 5/3/1 routine for 3 more weeks. Will reassess then.

And I killed this thread.

Update for nobody: Have been exercising more consistently over the last few months, but still eating pretty poorly... So no real results. Started logging my food intake this morning... That was the key the last time I got leaner. Doing a Jim Wendler Prep & Fat Loss program to kick things off... In week 3 of 6. It is a ton of volume and takes a lot longer than I'd like, but it's only 6 weeks. Deload week after than before a more standard 5/3/1 routine for 3 more weeks. Will reassess then.

do you have the program? i have a xeroxed copy of 531 forever if its in there

thinking about trying a cycle or two of krypteia

do you have the program? i have a xeroxed copy of 531 forever if its in there

thinking about trying a cycle or two of krypteia

Yup... Page 205 of that very book. Just called "Prep and Fat Loss Training"

Krypteia is something I was thinking of doing next.

I enjoy the 5/3/1 Forever book because my biggest issue is mapping out a plan/schedule... This makes it very easy.

Yup... Page 205 of that very book. Just called "Prep and Fat Loss Training"

Krypteia is something I was thinking of doing next.

I enjoy the 5/3/1 Forever book because my biggest issue is mapping out a plan/schedule... This makes it very easy.

i've been doing boring but strong, but have had to skip the accessories after the 1st week; just exhausting to hit 10x5 after the 3x5

Back