• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kentucky Derby TODAY

No one knows the rules.

I would assume if the horse cheats then it’s disqualified and number 2 wins

Shouldn’t matter if country was impeded

Am
I right?
There will be conspiracy theories for ever

I know nothing about the rules, but what does it matter that the best horse won? Rules are rules.

Seems like a BS decision.

To someone that doesn’t follow horse racing.

Unbelievable!!!

They dropped MS behind War of Will?

That's incredible.

Helluva a way for Bill Mott to win his first Derby.

From about $120 exacta to a $3009 exacta...

Those judges might have to hide for a while...

No one knows the rules.

NBC was totally embarrassed. Their commentators had no clue — stated that there should not be a reversal since Maximum Security did not impede the second place horse.

NBC was totally embarrassed. Their commentators had no clue — stated that there should not be a reversal since Maximum Security did not impede the second place horse.

This was not a clear cut case. It wouldn't have taken so long otherwise.

What's also unusual is that when a horse i DQ'd for interference, he is routinely put behind the horse he interfered with not placed last (unless the horse he fouled came in next to last).

Unbelievable!!!

They dropped MS behind War of Will?

That's incredible.

Helluva a way for Bill Mott to win his first Derby.

From about $120 exacta to a $3009 exacta...

Those judges might have to hide for a while...

Doesn’t MS technically finish last?

Doesn’t MS technically finish last?

WE were posting at the same time. Usually, you are put behind the horse you fouled. You see a lot of Dqs where a horse won and is placed second or third. That's what normally happens.

If that is normally how it is treated, it seems unusual to change the rules for the highest wagered race of the year.

Maybe they decided a horse that came in up behind War of Will was also impeded. Once you get past fifth, it doesn't really matter.

If Maximum Security runs in the Preakness, he could be even money.

They are now saying it caused a chain reaction that include Toddy and another horse. TVG is now saying MS was placed 17th.

Barca, MS will be a huge favorite in MD if he runs.

How is that the boards horse race expert can’t explain what happened and why?

My gut says if you cheat, your DQ’d and every horse behind you moves up a position

The DQ horse is done, out

Like a scratch

How is that the boards horse race expert can’t explain what happened and why?

My gut says if you cheat, your DQ’d and every horse behind you moves up a position

The DQ horse is done, out

Like a scratch

On the broadcast NBC gave the precedent of a previous Derby in which a horse was DQ’ed down from 4th to 5th

Best horse scratches 3 days before and best horse in the race DQ'd.

When they were interviewing the trainer for Country House, I'm sure he was probably right that for any other no name race that move would've been an easy DQ call and so it should be here too. But still came across as a bad look lobbying for the objection when his horse wasn't interfered with or affected by it in any way.

MS looked like a great horse today though. He'll crush the Preakness and would be fun to see him square off against Omaha Beach down the road in the Breeders.

Best horse scratches 3 days before and best horse in the race DQ'd.

When they were interviewing the trainer for Country House, I'm sure he was probably right that for any other no name race that move would've been an easy DQ call and so it should be here too. But still came across as a bad look lobbying for the objection when his horse wasn't interfered with or affected by it in any way.

MS looked like a great horse today though. He'll crush the Preakness and would be fun to see him square off against Omaha Beach down the road in the Breeders.

And that's really odd. Bill Mott is one of the classiest guys in the business. I would have thought he would have been a bit embarrassed to win like this.

Back