• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 NFL Season Thread Year 100. Superbowl LIV Winner: Kansas City Chiefs

elsewhere, Wilber and Lee (Oakland), Hanyes (Seattle), Kevin Johnson (Buffalo), and Looney (Cowboys) look to be safe

and of course Bates

Bohanon still a free agent, Duke on IR with Houston for the year

I'd be floored if Looney didn't make the 53 in Dallas. FLOORED.

Is Mike Weaver getting a look at kicker anywhere?

Four practices into camp, the Miami Dolphins fired their offensive line coach, Pat Flaherty, for poor execution and for failing to implement the "new system" brought in by newby Dolphins HC Brian Flores: https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2019/07/30/dolphins-firing-of-ol-coach-pat-flaherty-a-product-of-poor-execution/

Connected to WF football, Flaherty was an assistant at WF under Caldwell from 1993 to 1998 coaching the OL, TEs and Special Teams. Flaherty has been an NFL OL coach since 2004.

I liked Coach Flaherty. Sorry to see that happen to him.

Is it a requirement that if you coach under Belichick, you end up being a massive douche? McDaniels, Weiss, Flores, O'Brien, Patricia.. only Crennel didn't seem like a huge shitbag.

Longtime NFL journalist Don Banks passes away at age 56

damn, rest in peace.

Zeke and Melvin Gordon massively overplaying their hands with the holdouts?

Zeke should have pulled this stunt next summer as he has less leverage with 2 years on his deal right now. His agent led him down the path way too early.

I'm not so sure Zeke is overplaying his hand. He's 1 of the 3-4 elite RBs in the game and really makes that offense go. He also knows Jerry loves him and wants to pay him. I think something gets worked out there, even if it's just a temporary fix for this season. OTOH, Gordon is way overplaying his hand. He's a solid #1 back but nothing more, and Ekeler is pretty good. I don't see any teams trading for him to pay him 8 digits.

My point is that Zeke is under contract through 2020 season. If he does the work we all know he is capable of in 2019 and then does this holdout in 2020 then he could get paid because the leverage scale would tip in his favor.

He should get paid. The guy has 2 rushing titles and hasn't missed a game in his NFL career aside from that nonsense that the commish did to him against the advice of the NFL prosecutor that investigated the case.

And "top 3-4" is not fair to Zeke. He is the best RB in the league.

they need to mandate in his new contract that he's forbidden from doing the asinine "feed Zeke" thing

My point is that Zeke is under contract through 2020 season. If he does the work we all know he is capable of in 2019 and then does this holdout in 2020 then he could get paid because the leverage scale would tip in his favor.

He should get paid. The guy has 2 rushing titles and hasn't missed a game in his NFL career aside from that nonsense that the commish did to him against the advice of the NFL prosecutor that investigated the case.

And "top 3-4" is not fair to Zeke. He is the best RB in the league.

A healthy Gurley and Barkley are in his league, and all 3 have HOF potential. Problem is I don't know that Gurley will ever be able to stay healthy.

they need to mandate in his new contract that he's forbidden from doing the asinine "feed Zeke" thing

Why do you hate Joe Looney?

Screen-Shot-2017-08-25-at-10.36.05-AM-832x447.png

Pretty disingenuous for JJ to say RB's are discounted citing RBBC's success, when you have an RB that is an exception to that rule. Run DMC and Alfred Morris sucked pretty hard behind Dallas' vaunted OL. JJ should trade EE if he really wants to be the Patriots about it. Players gotta make their money when they can.

Dallas' early schedule is pretty easy: Giants, Rskins, Dolphins, so EE's holdout might extend into Oct, making him "play ready" a month later. Avoiding him in fantasy right now. This year is a write-off.

I think if one of Gordon or EE signs, the other will sign due to pressure and market being set.

A healthy Gurley and Barkley are in his league, and all 3 have HOF potential. Problem is I don't know that Gurley will ever be able to stay healthy.

And Zeke will never stop being a dumbass, so it evens out. But both are a notch below Saquan anyway.

Back