• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 NFL Season Thread Year 100. Superbowl LIV Winner: Kansas City Chiefs

Suspension voids his 30 million guarantee which also likely means AB isn’t going to play for the Raiders ever.

Tomlin is still the coach. The only question is who will be the next in the long line of distractions and headcases.

Interesting to me how much crap Tomlin gets. He is 125-66 in a league geared to achieve parity. In 13 seasons, his teams have won 6 division titles, 8 playoff appearances, 2 AFC titles and a Super Bowl. Never had a losing season. All while coaching several headcases, dealing with injuries and having no high draft picks. Not saying he is Belichick, but there are only a couple of NFL coaches that are clearly better than Tomlin.

Last edited:
Interesting to me how much crap Tomlin gets. He is 125-66 in a league geared to achieve parity. In 13 seasons, his teams have won 6 division titles, 8 playoff appearances, 2 AFC titles and a Super Bowl. Never had a losing season. All while coaching several headcases, dealing with injuries and having no high draft picks. Not saying he is Belichick, but there are only a couple of NFL coaches that are clearly better than Tomlin.
It's 2&2. He's a moron.

To be fair, 2&2 is pretty much the only one on these boards who gives Tomlin crap. Most of the rest of the football world realizes he's one of the best coaches of his generation and he's done much of it three guys who will be remembered as a headcase rapist, a headcase, and one of the all-time greediest self-centered players of all time. If anything he doesn't get enough credit because the Steelers are perhaps the most stable franchise in sports.

To be fair, 2&2 is pretty much the only one on these boards who gives Tomlin crap. Most of the rest of the football world realizes he's one of the best coaches of his generation and he's done much of it three guys who will be remembered as a headcase rapist, a headcase, and one of the all-time greediest self-centered players of all time. If anything he doesn't get enough credit because the Steelers are perhaps the most stable franchise in sports.

Which is which?

How is that confusing?

Suspension voids his 30 million guarantee which also likely means AB isn’t going to play for the Raiders ever.

This is the interesting item. I don't know if likely is the correct word, but I'm guessing Gruden and Mayock are going to have a chat tonight after practice. If they suspend and cut him now, they're only out $1mil and a 3rd and 5th. Might be the best long term move. I had thought that the Raiders would be the best place for him. He doesn't care about winning, as evidenced by him not showing up for the last game last year, which was a must win to get to the playoffs. Oakland has no other WRs to write home about, so I figured he'd get 100-120 catches for 1500 yards. So if they cut him, not sure who picks him up. The Bills and Giants badly need WR help, but I don't see him fitting in either environment. Maybe Cincy or Zona? And Drew won't get his cut of that $30mil if Oakland cuts him, so I'm sure he'll be spending tonight and tomorrow trying to smooth things over with Mayock. Next question.

I agree Tomlin and Colbert both do good jobs generally, however I do think they've coddled and enabled Roethlisberger. Specifically Colbert's comments this past offseason basically saying Roethlisberger is the only adult in the room and both allowing him to do his weekly radio show for years where he'd occasionally trash his teammates. Most GMs and coaches would have put a stop to that a long time ago. Given all his past misconduct, I'm not sure why Pitt management has always turned a blind eye to Roethlisberger.

If they cut him would teams be able to make space for him? I'd be inclined to say yes but who's to say that he won't request a massive amount of money still?

If they cut him would teams be able to make space for him? I'd be inclined to say yes but who's to say that he won't request a massive amount of money still?

He's gotta be a vested vet, so he won't have to pass through waivers. So any team would be free to sign him. Yeah, he and Drew would still want a ton of $$, but after Pitt and Oak, I'm not sure any team would be willing to give him a long term deal with a big signing bonus. I think he'd be more likely to be offered a 1 year prove he won't continue to be a problem deal. It's also possible he could get the Kaep silent treatment and not get an offer. The talent is still there, but do you really want to deal with a guy who is this much of a problem and who is on the wrong side of 30?

How is that confusing?

It's confusing because you start out defending him and acting like he's a victim of his circumstances, then you lash out at me and Butterworth for pointing out that he's a headcase, then you appear to call him a headcase.

Somebody would sign him for less than you'd think it would take. He'd be a decent risk for the Panthers. Really need another legit WR. Stable leadership. Tepper obviously knows AB.

Somebody would sign him for less than you'd think it would take. He'd be a decent risk for the Panthers. Really need another legit WR. Stable leadership. Tepper obviously knows AB.

LOL, yeah, sign his stupid ass up. When Vontaze Burfict is the guy who's trying to calm your shit down, you know you've got problems.

You know what team really needs a legit WR ?

The Raiders !

Any early guesses on the next team to take on AB if the Raiders release him?

Back