• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 NFL Season Thread Year 100. Superbowl LIV Winner: Kansas City Chiefs

Could be collusion, but any good organization should’ve been prepared for this. When it seems like a possibility one of the best receivers in the game may be released, every team should be having internal conversations about whether they would take him on and what they would offer if so.

I could see Darth Bill bring him in. Have him be on the sideline in street clothes just to annoy the Steelers, and cut him next tuesday if he's still an asshole.

I could see Darth Bill bring him in. Have him be on the sideline in street clothes just to annoy the Steelers, and cut him next tuesday if he's still an asshole.

Not with the Pats guaranteeing AB $10 million.

Seems like there would be some rule against a player forcing a release and signing with another team in time to play the next week.

The money should be a disincentive but players make a lot of money and are willing to sacrifice to be where they want to be. And there’s enough difference in team cultures and reputations for winning that it makes it worth it.

Alshon Jeffrey has restructured his contract. I wonder if the Eagles are about to get Gordon. They made an offer earlier in the week.

Seems like there would be some rule against a player forcing a release and signing with another team in time to play the next week.

The money should be a disincentive but players make a lot of money and are willing to sacrifice to be where they want to be. And there’s enough difference in team cultures and reputations for winning that it makes it worth it.

Yeah Goodell has suspended players for less confirmed idiocy than what Brown has indisputably done. Granted none of it is criminal, but in some ways it is worse from the League's perspective. It is easy for the NFL to distance itself from the criminal actions of a player, not as much from a player making a mockery of 2 franchises. He should give him a League suspension for the season, he shouldn't be able to immediately sign with another team after forcing his release for acting afool.

Yeah Goodell has suspended players for less confirmed idiocy than what Brown has indisputably done. Granted none of it is criminal, but in some ways it is worse from the League's perspective. It is easy for the NFL to distance itself from the criminal actions of a player, not as much from a player making a mockery of 2 franchises. He should give him a League suspension for the season, he shouldn't be able to immediately sign with another team after forcing his release for acting afool.

i believe recording the phone call with gruden was criminal - at least in CA

Ah, the joys of living in NYC. CBS single at 1 is Jets-Bills, and the FOX doubleheader is an NFC East gagfest, Skins-Eagles and Giants-Cowboys. To the bar.

i believe recording the phone call with gruden was criminal - at least in CA

Gruden is a bitch though. He then goes on the record yesterday morning saying he loved it. I can’t imagine what it’s like in that locker room. Gruden bent over for AB. Had him royally screw him over . But his lack of backbone has to make that locker room a zoo.

Since they knew they weren't getting anything for him, they should have suspended him without pay for the season. The appeals would have taken most of the season.

Is Carson Wentz even average?

Miami has given up over 40 pts in a half...mahomes has over 300 yards passing in the first half...multiple suspensions for punches/kicks being thrown already...at least its entertainment again

Back