• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 NFL Season Thread Year 100. Superbowl LIV Winner: Kansas City Chiefs

Garrapolo looked awful. 1-4. 0 yards. 1INT that should have been 2.

Wait, so the guy who nobody knew coming out of high school, played in a video game offense against zero competition in college, and then was handed a massive contract based off a handful of meaningless games actually sucks at being an NFL starting QB? Amazing. What were the odds of that happening?

Dude is almost 28 already and has barely started double-digit games.

Wait, so the guy who nobody knew coming out of high school, played in a video game offense against zero competition in college, and then was handed a massive contract based off a handful of meaningless games actually sucks at being an NFL starting QB? Amazing. What were the odds of that happening?

This take is based on one preseason game.

I mean, you are taking the smallest of sample sizes to refute something that also has relatively limited data.

I'd give the guy at least 2-3 weeks before completely writing him off as a bust.

He played one series and is coming off of a major injury. He also has kind of a video game offense to work with in SF. Will probably be just fine.

Last edited:

I mean, you are taking the smallest of sample sizes to refute something that also has relatively limited data.

I'd give the guy at least 2-3 weeks before completely writing him off as a bust.

He played one series and is coming of a major injury. He also has kind of a video game offense to work with in SF. Will probably be just fine.

2&2 is one of the most ignorant posters on this board when it comes to logical, statistically based, rational thoughts.

I have treasure troves of data to prove this accusation. It is called the 'search function'.

What a sad clown.

2&2 is one of the most ignorant posters on this board when it comes to logical, statistically based, rational thoughts.

I have treasure troves of data to prove this accusation. It is called the 'search function'.

What a sad clown.

Is he any less ignorant when it comes to other thoughts?

No, it is also based on nobody knowing him coming out of high school, playing in a video game offense against zero competition in college, and being handed a massive contract based off a handful of meaningless games. And then one preseason game.

I can't think of anything that matters less in US team sports than an NFL preseason game.

Our next POTUS should try to break the NFL's monopolistic extortion of making season ticket holders buy tix for preseason games. And most charge full regular season prices. Break 'em up!!!

I can't think of anything that matters less in US team sports than an NFL preseason game.

Our next POTUS should try to break the NFL's monopolistic extortion of making season ticket holders buy tix for preseason games. And most charge full regular season prices. Break 'em up!!!

You talking about Kanye? I think Donald will be throwing his support behind him in 2024. I could see that being part of the platform. Win-win.

No NFL preseason games are meaningful unless a star gets injured.

No NFL preseason games are meaningful unless a star gets injured.

NFL preseason games are extremely meaningful if you are playing in them and how well you play is the difference between NFL season pay and minimum wage.

The other point was he started regular season NFL games and put up video game numbers, which I guess regular season games are also meaningless for 2&2, sucks he didn’t get to watch his team in any meaningful games last year.

He's 8-2 as a starter in regular season NFL games, with the majority of those wins coming while quarterbacking a team that was 1-10 when he stepped onto the field the first time. He may not be worth the contract but he's an average NFL starting QB at worst.

I'm not all that surprised that in his first live action since tearing his ACl he looked bad; I'd guess that's probably pretty normal. He's looked pretty bad in practice to this point also it sounds like.

He's 8-2 as a starter in regular season NFL games, with the majority of those wins coming while quarterbacking a team that was 1-10 when he stepped onto the field the first time. He may not be worth the contract but he's an average NFL starting QB at worst.

I'm not all that surprised that in his first live action since tearing his ACl he looked bad; I'd guess that's probably pretty normal. He's looked pretty bad in practice to this point also it sounds like.

Not sure how you define "average NFL starting QB at worst", but there are clearly 16 QBs ahead of him. By way of example this list has him 29 out of 32. Certainly you can quibble with some of their rankings, but at absolute best he tops out at about 20th.

https://www.thedelite.com/2019-nfl-starting-quarterback-rankings

Whoa, he's already behind Kyler Murray and Dwayne Haskins !

Mayfield ahead of Newton and Wentz !

Dak #11 ?!?!?!?!?

Rivers still #5 ?

Matt Ryan #3 ?

WTF is this list ?

Not sure how you define "average NFL starting QB at worst", but there are clearly 16 QBs ahead of him. By way of example this list has him 29 out of 32. Certainly you can quibble with some of their rankings, but at absolute best he tops out at about 20th.

https://www.thedelite.com/2019-nfl-starting-quarterback-rankings

dude, have some self respect -- The Delite? I mean, look at what this website is about: Home & Garden, Smiles, Pets, Matt Ryan #3 best QB

PRH80h5.png

Back