• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 NFL Season Thread Year 100. Superbowl LIV Winner: Kansas City Chiefs

If the thinking is that Super Bowl will come down to a final drive, which QB seems more likely to drive his team for the game-winning score?

Total is up to 55 for me. Opened at 51. That's a big move with a major potential for middles for those who jumped on the over early.

If SF gets the ball down 3 with 4:00 left, I like their chances - 6 runs and 3 passes to the endzone. SF is the better team overall, and Garappolo is getting too much crap in the press for not throwing the ball the last 2 games. If you can put up 30+ running the ball with that defense, why throw it? SF has consistently been the best team all year, and Shanahan can design quite the offense. That said, I've never seen a QB who can do what Mahomes can do, especially with Kelce and their speed at WR. I don't see SF's D holding KC down like they have everyone else. That's why I'm so conflicted.

Is it me, or is this the least hyped SB in memory? Kobe's tragedy is overshadowing it for sure, and last year's snore-fest of a SB is not helping either. I just don't feel any palpable excitement or anticipation. Anyone else?

Is it me, or is this the least hyped SB in memory? Kobe's tragedy is overshadowing it for sure, and last year's snore-fest of a SB is not helping either. I just don't feel any palpable excitement or anticipation. Anyone else?

I feel like the Niners are kind of a boring, methodical team. No major offensive stars other than a TE, but who cares. Would have been different with Rodgers v Mahomes, and not just for State Farm purposes.

I think it's going to be an exciting 33-30 type game with a lot of big plays on both sides of the ball. Rooting for KC for Reid to get his 1st, Sizzle to get his second and so that Mahomes and company are a bit complacent next year so the Ravens can take the AFC next year. And I agree the Kobe tragedy has cast a pall over the usual SB news, so yeah, it may be the least hyped, but I personally am looking forward to this 1 more than any since Bal/SF.

#EastCoastBias.

It does seem like Kobe's death eliminated the normal shenanigans of SB week. If not, Bosa might've MAGAed out hard or Tyreek Hill might've slapped a reporter for asking about child abuse.

I think it's going to be an exciting 33-30 type game with a lot of big plays on both sides of the ball. Rooting for KC for Reid to get his 1st, Sizzle to get his second and so that Mahomes and company are a bit complacent next year so the Ravens can take the AFC next year. And I agree the Kobe tragedy has cast a pall over the usual SB news, so yeah, it may be the least hyped, but I personally am looking forward to this 1 more than any since Bal/SF.

I don't think SF is built for 30 pt games. SF wins a low scoring game. KC wins a high scoring game. It is the in between that is interesting.

If SF wins, it will be because they molded their team to be like the SB winning Broncos, Ravens, Bucs: great defense, adequate offense.
If KC wins, they will be like Colts and Packers: stud QB's in their prime.

I don't think SF is built for 30 pt games. SF wins a low scoring game. KC wins a high scoring game. It is the in between that is interesting.

If SF wins, it will be because they molded their team to be like the SB winning Broncos, Ravens, Bucs: great defense, adequate offense.
If KC wins, they will be like Colts and Packers: stud QB's in their prime.

The 49ers offense is more than adequate. And they’ve won multiple late season games that were high scoring ( @ New Orleans and vs. the Rams). I do agree higher scoring is better for the chiefs but the 49ers have won a ton of different ways this year.

49ers better overall

But I'll take the Chiefs. They have the 3 best offensive players in the game on Sunday.

The 49ers offense is more than adequate. And they’ve won multiple late season games that were high scoring ( @ New Orleans and vs. the Rams). I do agree higher scoring is better for the chiefs but the 49ers have won a ton of different ways this year.

The 49ers have a RB committee and great TE but no real WR's (although Deebo Samuels is coming on - if he has a good game, look out). I was impressed with the way the Chiefs stuffed Derrick Henry. The thing about SF is they are great on the lines, which is easily overlooked. I think the Chiefs win 31-20.

The 49ers have a RB committee and great TE but no real WR's (although Deebo Samuels is coming on - if he has a good game, look out). I was impressed with the way the Chiefs stuffed Derrick Henry. The thing about SF is they are great on the lines, which is easily overlooked. I think the Chiefs win 31-20.

The 49ers offense has scored more points this year than the Chiefs.

Damn, the HDR 4k feed looks amazing, even though it's just a 1080p upconvert. I think I'd take 1080p + HDR over 4k without HDR.

I’m getting it through the fox sports app. Looks reaaaal good.

Also the KC fox mascot is hilarious.

Back