• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 NFL Season Thread Year 100. Superbowl LIV Winner: Kansas City Chiefs

Slightly different NFL eras. West coast offense yes, game manager nah.

Really weird sequence from the Pack, don't hate throwing it on 2nd but should throw it on 3rd too

Not much lamer than pulling for Mitch Trubisky, for when the team traded up a spot to grab with Watson on the table, not to mention Mahomes

Next up for Trubisky: the Broncos pass rush and a defense coached by a guy who saw him every day in practice for the last two years. Good luck!

In Denver, too. Bless his heart.

Mike Davis for Bears had 6 catches for 17 yards. That seems nearly impossible.

I didn’t remember who Trubisky was so I looked him up and read his Wikipedia page. I didn’t see anything from his college career that would have led me to believe that he would be drafted #2 overall. His stats in the NFL suck.

Why was he drafted so high and why do people think he is any good?

That’s the mystery. I don’t think he was projected higher than Watson. He was higher than Mahomes.

maybe the Bears just knew there was nothing in their DNA that would make a dynamic QB like Watson or Mahomes work. just go for the safe, bad choice as they have since the beginning.

not only was he drafted #2, but they traded two 3rds and a 4th to move up one spot to grab him

Did someone compare Trubisky to Steve Young ?

Steve Young’s second season:

14 games, 53.7%, 163 ypg, 8 TDs, 13 INTs, 425 rushing yards, 5 TDs

Trubisky’s second season:

14 games, 66.6%, 230 ypg, 24 TDs, 12 INTs, 421 rushing yards, 3 TDs

WEIRD

Steve Young’s second season:

14 games, 53.7%, 163 ypg, 8 TDs, 13 INTs, 425 rushing yards, 5 TDs

Trubisky’s second season:

14 games, 66.6%, 230 ypg, 24 TDs, 12 INTs, 421 rushing yards, 3 TDs

WEIRD

LOL

Nice use of his final season in TB on a disaster of a team.

4 years after that on the bench in SF.

It wasn't until year 7th year in the league (1991) that he was the starter in SF. The 7 years after that were all very impressive.

I guess we'll just give Mitch a pass for the next 5 years and assume he'll turn into Steve Young when he's 30ish. Because that career path for a QB is pretty standard.

I strongly recommend the Bears acquire Joe Montana.

Glad to know that Trubisky is on a HOF trajectory though.

Neither team deserved to win that game. What a craptastic way to start the 100th NFL season. The Packers appear to have no offensive weapons around Rodgers.

Back