• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 NFL Season Thread Year 100. Superbowl LIV Winner: Kansas City Chiefs

oh bless your heart

So give me some fantasy advice since you follow the Cowboys so closely. If Zeke still hasn't signed when I have my draft in 2 weeks, when do you pull the trigger on Zeke? I'm figuring the most games Jerruh lets him miss will be 2-3. As opposed to the Gordon situation, where I'll start considering Ekeler in the 3rd-4th round.

Damn Daniel Jones looked great in that first drive. 5/5 67 yards a third down conversion and a touchdown.

So give me some fantasy advice since you follow the Cowboys so closely. If Zeke still hasn't signed when I have my draft in 2 weeks, when do you pull the trigger on Zeke? I'm figuring the most games Jerruh lets him miss will be 2-3. As opposed to the Gordon situation, where I'll start considering Ekeler in the 3rd-4th round.

I think they get a deal done after week 1 but I have absolutely no inside knowledge

I'm taking Zeke in the 1st round but I'm a massive homer, sooooo....

Neuheisel said some nice things this AM on Sirius about Wolford having a legit shot to get Rams QB3 slot. Said Goff spoke highly of JW also. Long shot but shorter than last year.

Four preseason games is so dumb

They’re basically passing off AAF games as NFL games. They need to figure out how to get it down to 2 preseason games, 18 regular season games, and 2 byes.

One possible scenario could be 17 regular season game with each team playing one neutral site game each in Weeks 3-18. Throw games to London, Mexico City, Berlin (Germany was a big player in the WLAF), Toronto, maybe even St. Louis, San Diego, and Oakland.

Do coaches really need 4 games to figure out which players will make the bottom end of the roster and practice squad?

Murray out here slingin it.

I'm telling you all, the first round QB bust is almost a thing of the past. Even Josh Rosen is playing well.

I'm telling you all, the first round QB bust is almost a thing of the past. Even Josh Rosen is playing well.

No chance. Especially since teams will continue to be desperate for a "franchise QB" and take 3rd round QBs in the first round. Heck, there is a decent chance that at least 2 of the QBs taken in last year's first round won't be starting in 4 years or so. And by the way, Blake Bortles looked really good in his first preseason. Making plays against mostly non-starters playing super base defense doesn't tell all that much.

No. But I’ve been making this argument for the last two seasons.

Tough to say even Rosen. He played on the worst team with 1 of the worst OLs last year and is playing for a team considered by many to be a bottom feeder this year. I liked him coming out of a mediocre at best UCLA team. He's accurate and has a pretty good pocket presence. I think he'll end up being a pretty good starter in the league, but it probably won't be for Miami in the long run. As for busts, Mariotta and Winston have this year to prove they're not busts, or they'll be looking at back up gigs next year. And Haskins had a bad night, though I figured it would take him some time to acclimate due to his lack of college starts - kinda like Trubisky. Surprised how good Jones looked in that 1 drive, though he had clean pockets on every pass, something he didn't get often at Duke.

No, but if they weren’t playing the games they’d be practicing. Pre-season games are nothing but glorified practices anyway.

fewer days with your starters practicing, though. no Panthers starters played last night and won't in the fourth game, who knows about the others.

67754302_803476103381087_5217598581250195456_n.jpg

Really cool moment in the Bills game last night. Christian Wade, a former rugby player from England, scored a 65 yard touchdown on his first NFL carry in his very first football game. Amazing.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/american-...aXrrFYoU_7tsh5vMY2SdubIrfTrQAymWEjtUoSR075haA

Saw that. Would have loved to seen Jonah Lomu in the NFL.

What's your preview of your Bills? I like Allen and the addition of John Brown at WR. He played well for my Ravens before Flacco got hurt but never had the same rapport with Jackson. Do y'all have enough weapons at WR, and how does the OL look?

Back