• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 NFL Season Thread Year 100. Superbowl LIV Winner: Kansas City Chiefs

Makes it difficult when Stephen A. and 2&2 are making the same argument.

Both blowhards who went to school in Winston-Salem.

Okay, so why didn't Kaep's agent and the NFL have all of this worked out before last Saturday? Did they really not anticipate such a problem? So essentially what happened was that, instead of continuing their cold war, they both got into a hot egg throwing war and both came away with egg on their faces.

When? The NFL announced the workout on Tuesday. I don't think they had much if any input from Kaep's people at that point. It was a rush job for a reason. To trap Kaep.

When? The NFL announced the workout on Tuesday. I don't think they had much if any input from Kaep's people at that point. It was a rush job for a reason. To trap Kaep.

Probably the first and last time I'll be successfully compared to Stephen A on anything.

And they had plenty of input from Kaep's people ... this workout didn't just come out of the blue because the NFL suddenly felt nice, it was clearly written into the settlement agreement between the parties from the first lawsuit that they had to wait a requisite amount of time for the dust to settle and then hold a workout for teams to watch him. If they had specifics about the workout that they felt necessary to include, then they should have written them in at that time when they had the leverage. Pulling a bait and switch at the last minute just indicates that either (a) he has no intent of actually playing, (b) wants to perpetuate the circus, and/or (c) has had no idea what he is doing throughout the entire process. Probably all three.

Okay, that left 4 days for his agent to go over the details with the league. Kaep and his agent don't trust the league. Why wasn't his agent coordinating this with the league during that 4 day period? That way, if the league and his agent were disagreeing on terms of a mutual release and/or the staging of the event, the agent could have screamed about that last Thursday in a presser. He's apparently represented by some dude named Nalley. Something tells me Drew Rosenhaus would either have had this thing working more smoothly, or he would have had a presser where he was screaming about the unfair staging and repeatedly saying next question before Saturday. I'm not saying the league didn't try to trap Kaep. Looks like they did. And he and his agent were only too happy to fall for said trap. My question is who up on Park Street in NY thought this was somehow a good idea because all they succeeded in doing is make themselves and Kaep continue to look like asses.

Edited to add I just read that Tua supposedly had a successful surgery. Hope that's true. CJ Mosley had a similar surgery that also turned out to be successful. Bo Jackson was the other extreme. But the Ravens used to have a good TE named Dennis Pitta who had the same surgery with results in between. He came back and played a couple of times after that and only to dislocate the hip again and finally retire. Where do people think he gets drafted this year? He might be better off in the long run getting taken in the teens or 20s by a team not named Miami or Cincy. But if he falls to NE, I might just pull my hair out.

Last edited:
So do the Chargers draft a QB next year?

Do Chargers fans wonder what would have happened if they hadn't given up on Drew Brees or have they been happy with Rivers?

Rivers looks like shit. Game on the line and he gets to 4th & 10 from the 25, Raiders holding penalty, another 4th & 10, pick. 0-8, INT down 2 starting with 62 seconds left.

Probably the first and last time I'll be successfully compared to Stephen A on anything.

And they had plenty of input from Kaep's people ... this workout didn't just come out of the blue because the NFL suddenly felt nice, it was clearly written into the settlement agreement between the parties from the first lawsuit that they had to wait a requisite amount of time for the dust to settle and then hold a workout for teams to watch him. If they had specifics about the workout that they felt necessary to include, then they should have written them in at that time when they had the leverage. Pulling a bait and switch at the last minute just indicates that either (a) he has no intent of actually playing, (b) wants to perpetuate the circus, and/or (c) has had no idea what he is doing throughout the entire process. Probably all three.

Wow racist much?

I dont blame the NFL or the teams for the Kap situation. I blame the fans. At the beginning of last season the Ravens were merely considering Kap for a workout and the hate mail flooded in. The front office received death threats (of course with the obligatory N word spewed about), fans threatened to turn in suites and season tickets (and some actually did citing Kap as the reason), and sponsors threatened to back out. No team is willing to take this risk except for maybe Carolina.

I dont blame the NFL or the teams for the Kap situation. I blame the fans. At the beginning of last season the Ravens were merely considering Kap for a workout and the hate mail flooded in. The front office received death threats (of course with the obligatory N word spewed about), fans threatened to turn in suites and season tickets (and some actually did citing Kap as the reason), and sponsors threatened to back out. No team is willing to take this risk except for maybe Carolina.

Steve Bisciotti got it from both sides back in August, 2017. Flacco missed all of training camp and preseason with a bad back, and they weren't sure if he was going to have to miss time in the regular season. So they had talked to Kaep's agent about bringing him in for a workout. Word got out, and a lot of white fans went batshit crazy. (There are still a considerable number of white former Ravens fans who quit being fans because of the kneeling thing the year before.) Then the day after, Kaep's girlfriend (who I think is a radio talk show host) tweeted or instagramed a pic of Bisciotti with Ray Lewis next to a pic of Dicaprio and Jackson from Django Unchained. Needless to say, no workout and meeting took place after that, and I'm guessing that Bisciotti is still peeved at that part of the fanbase and Kaep. (FWIW, Peter King was at the NE/Bal game, and he correctly observed that the crowds at Ravens games are significantly less white than they were a few years back.)

I've watched the LAC games the last couple of weeks, and Rivers is done. The pics he's throwing look like a QB who doesn't realize he's lost some velocity, and his eyes are telling him he can still make throws he can no longer make. Time to go make another baby.

How would you guys describe Rivers' throwing motion? I'm going with "playing whack-a-mole, but sideways".

He’s throwing to absolute scrubs and his OL is toast but go off

He's missed at least 5 wide open people in this game. I'm not expecting him to light the world on fire today, but missing people like he has and fumbling like he has is bad.

In his past eight games, he has thrown for over 250 yards ONCE.

Back