• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 NFL Season Thread Year 100. Superbowl LIV Winner: Kansas City Chiefs

Listening to the mic'd up with Russell Wilson...he's the type of teammate I'd want to punch in the face. Hard to believe his approach motivates his teammates, but he's a helluva player.

Well yeah. That stuff wouldn’t work if he was some average bum but he’s a gamer.

Wilson is media-savvy enough that part of me thinks he defaulted to sports cliches because he knew he was mic'ed.

Another more interesting part of me thinks that his teammates absolutely hate him, but tolerate him because he's so damn good.

Russell Wilson is this generation's Roger Staubach (Roger the Dodger, they called him). They're selectively scrambling QB's, big squares/nerds, and clutch as hell.

Wilson is media-savvy enough that part of me thinks he defaulted to sports cliches because he knew he was mic'ed.

Another more interesting part of me thinks that his teammates absolutely hate him, but tolerate him because he's so damn good.

He’s also married to Ciara. That earns him quite a bit of respect as well.

d1M4bsF.jpg

Well yeah. That stuff wouldn’t work if he was some average bum but he’s a gamer.

yeah when someone is that fucking good that stuff that would seem lame coming from kirk cousins all of a sudden is like "hey better listen to that guy he obviously knows what he's talking about"

My guess is many of his teammates think it’s lame but don’t care as long as he performs.

It’s just dumb for tessitore to call it a “master class in leadership.” Deadspin had an article on how over the top melodramatic tessitore is and now I hear it all the time.

Is Mitch actually not that bad anymore?

2019 NFL Season Thread. Year 100. Week 13. First TD for a kicker this season.

The Bears are in a rough place with Mitch. He made the Pro Bowl last year. He’s a good QB when he plays well but he sucks hard when he doesn’t. They traded up to get him and passed one MVP to get him. And it’s certainly possible for Watson to be an MVP down the road. But they’re a franchise with an awful QB history so they have to stick with him because he’s already one of their all time greats.

Last edited:
Dallas helping significantly.

They said during the game that Dallas is one team that doesn't hide or change their defense. WYSIWYG. Dallas didn't try to fool Trubisky. He made his reads and they were reliable. That's coaching.

My guess is many of his teammates think it’s lame but don’t care as long as he performs.

It’s just dumb for tessitore to call it a “master class in leadership.” Deadspin had an article on how over the top melodramatic tessitore is and now I hear it all the time.

I f'n hate Tessitore with a hot passion. There's a reason the MNF crew improved their ratings but still rank last among the broadcast teams.

Been saying this... for a WHILE!!

Joe Tessitore...is the WORST!!

EVER!!

I don't watch games with the sound on, but the best football production is NBC re: visuals, highlights, breaking down schemes, etc.

This Niners-Saints game is bananas.

This Niners-Saints game is bananas.

Of course I’m getting the dogshit Carolina/Atlanta matchup instead of an actual exciting game .

Browns up by 8. Completely dominant on the ground. Passing game very suspect.

They dial up a pass. Picked off.

This is why bad teams stay bad.

Trust me about this, I'm a Cowboys fan.

Back