• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 NFL Season Thread Year 100. Superbowl LIV Winner: Kansas City Chiefs

With all the crimes of Belichik, if proven, he should be suspended for at least a year. But nothing of note will happen, even a $10M fine would be of no consequence.

With all the crimes of Belichik, if proven, he should be suspended for at least a year. But nothing of note will happen, even a $10M fine would be of no consequence.

I had thought there was a cap on how much a team could be fined. Whatever it is, I doubt Robert Kraft and the hoodie are concerned about the amount of a potential fine. They'll be much more concerned about the loss of draft picks.

I agree completely. If Goodell can be judge, jury and executioner for players, why can't he do the same thing for coaches?

I find this interesting given the Pats' prior transgressions. That said, the question to me is just how much can you learn from taping a sideline. How much playcalling or other communicating is done by hand signals these days, and what else can you learn by looking at a sideline? Both the offense and defense have a guy with the green dot communicating with the sidelines, and the coaches cover their faces as they're calling in plays. I was watching the a.m. sports shows today, and while they talked about how suspicious this is, none of them were speculating on exactly how much you could learn by engaging in this kind of taping.

How much can they learn? Enough to decide it was worth it to tape it.

How much can they learn? Enough to decide it was worth it to tape it.

Sure, that's what we assume. But I'd like 1 of these shows to bring on a former coach to explain what kind of information they could glean from the tape.

Patriots are about taking whatever edge they can. No matter how small. In the end, all of those small edges add up to 6 Lombardi trophies, 9 Super Bowls, a 30-10 playoff record, 17 AFC titles in 18 years and being the most divisive team in the sport.

I want to help it, but I can't help loving Phillip Rivers. He's just a lunatic.

I want to help it, but I can't help loving Phillip Rivers. He's just a lunatic.

Rivers is a total douchebag. He's played over fifteen years and, in his mind, he hasn't made a mistake yet. But he'll yell everyone else for his bad or late throws.

Phillip Rivers and CP3 have basically had the same career except CP3 has changed teams. Most people are who care think they're dicks but their college and pro team fans like them.

:couch:

Phillip Rivers and CP3 have basically had the same career except CP3 has changed teams. Most people are who care think they're dicks but their college and pro team fans like them.

:couch:

I always thought it was pretty obvious that Paul was a prick when he was at Wake. But he was OUR prick.

I always laugh when people confuse how somebody is in competition with who they are in actual life. CP might be a prick on the court, but he is a hell of a guy. Same is true for Dudley DoRight Rivers.

I always laugh when people confuse how somebody is in competition with who they are in actual life. CP might be a prick on the court, but he is a hell of a guy. Same is true for Dudley DoRight Rivers.

Perhaps... But as a sports fan, isn’t who they are on the field more important/germane?

JJ Redick might be a cool guy, but I hated him as a Dukie.

“It’s ok that they’re trouncing Wake again because he’s really good in the community!”

Perhaps... But as a sports fan, isn’t who they are on the field more important/germane?

JJ Redick might be a cool guy, but I hated him as a Dukie.

“It’s ok that they’re trouncing Wake again because he’s really good in the community!”

Seriously. I see these guys on the court/field. I don't pretend to know how they are in their life.

The Ravens clowned the Jets on that drive. Hilarious.

Back