• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 NFL Season Thread Year 100. Superbowl LIV Winner: Kansas City Chiefs

important to note he was charged with burglary, not theft, because as we all know, you don't take 'em, you leave 'em!

Najeh was always a giver.

From wiki:

Burglary and criminal mischief charge
Prior to entering the NFL, Davenport allegedly broke into the dorm room of a Barry University woman and defecated in a laundry basket on April 1, 2002.[6] A woman sleeping in the room told police she was startled by a strange grunting sound and observed Davenport in a squatted position, evacuating his bowels and voiding into a laundry hamper in her closet.[7][8] In a plea bargain, his felony charge of second-degree burglary and misdemeanor count of criminal mischief were dropped in exchange for his completing 100 hours of community service.[9] Davenport maintained his innocence after the hearing, demanding outside of the courthouse, "Where's the evidence? Where's the manure? I know I didn't do it – I just wanted to get it over with."[10]

During his career, Davenport was given the nicknames "Dookie"[11] and "The Dump Truck."[12] While playing for the Packers, a portable commode was placed inside of his locker during training camp as a rookie hazing prank,[13] and a spirited letter writing campaign to the Green Bay team equipment manager asked in jest that he be issued jersey Number Two for practice,[14] which is still referenced during the opening of the "D-List" show on WAUK ESPN 540 in Milwaukee.[15] All are plays on the incident.

Last edited:

It’s a negotiation and we know nothing but one term of the offer made by each party. Nothing about how much is guaranteed, incentives, etc. But I still can’t fathom ever agreeing to pay Dak 30 mill in a given season. Dude is a poor mans Cam Newton.

At either $30 or $40 mil that would be the worst contract in the NFL the minute it was signed. How 'Bout 'Em.

It’s a negotiation and we know nothing but one term of the offer made by each party. Nothing about how much is guaranteed, incentives, etc. But I still can’t fathom ever agreeing to pay Dak 30 mill in a given season. Dude is a poor mans Cam Newton.

But he wants to make twice if what Cam makes.

Yeah, I don't trust that $40mil figure. I doubt he's asking that much. But a TX friend was telling me yesterday he's turned down $30mil. I can think of a dozen QBs better than him and would rank him in that 13-20 range, which makes him an average starter. If he's turning down $30, then Dallas should just franchise him for a year or 2 and pick up someone like a Carr when Gruden tires of him and wants to go chasing the next young QB. Then they wouldn't have to worry as much about giving Zeke Gurley $$ and Cooper WR#1 $$.

Dak at 30/year would be laughable

I like the guy but he isn't a superstar. Better than just a "game manager" but certainly not a world beater

Dak at 30/year would be laughable

I like the guy but he isn't a superstar. Better than just a "game manager" but certainly not a world beater

That’s fair and a guy like that will be making $30M in a few years.

Wolford fumbles first snap. Gets pass tipped on second snap. Third snap is a penalty for illegal formation on... Alex Bachman

Colburn made the tackle on the punt. At least it wasn't a Wake trifecta.

Garrapolo looked awful. 1-4. 0 yards. 1INT that should have been 2.

Eagles sign Josh McCown from retirement as another backup QB. They have had one QB hurt in each preseason game so far. Carson Wentz isn't playing much, if any in preseason.

eagles had another kicker in camp

Back