• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 NFL Season Thread Year 100. Superbowl LIV Winner: Kansas City Chiefs

Of course Jones is going to be good.

People here underrate him just because he lost to Wake his senior season

Jones may be good, I'm not sold yet but he's got time to develop. He has a good arm but never struck me as a particularly good decision maker.

There is nothing lamer than the NFL players as Civil War soldiers Twitter accounts

Random thought of the day from me.

It seems like almost every year there are additional rule to protect QBs, yet they continue to get hurt. Often. Mostly on plays that are not penalties.

I'm fine with most of the rules... Wish they weren't so strict on the bodyweight on the QB calls, but none of it really seems to help.

Foles - Broken collarbone on a TD pass... No penalty on the hit
Brees - Torn ligament in thumb after releasing pass and making contact w/ Aaron Donald
Newton - Hurt left foot in preseason
Darnold - Mono
Siemian - Torn ligament in ankle on Miles Garrett hit
Roethlisberger - Non-contact elbow injury from throwing
Eli Manning - Sucks

That is a long list for 2 weeks into the season.

Random thought of the day from me.

It seems like almost every year there are additional rule to protect QBs, yet they continue to get hurt. Often. Mostly on plays that are not penalties.

I'm fine with most of the rules... Wish they weren't so strict on the bodyweight on the QB calls, but none of it really seems to help.

Foles - Broken collarbone on a TD pass... No penalty on the hit
Brees - Torn ligament in thumb after releasing pass and making contact w/ Aaron Donald
Newton - Hurt left foot in preseason
Darnold - Mono
Siemian - Torn ligament in ankle on Miles Garrett hit
Roethlisberger - Non-contact elbow injury from throwing
Eli Manning - Sucks

That is a long list for 2 weeks into the season.

No matter the rules, you can't prevent QBs from aging which is going to naturally lead to more injuries when playing such a physical game. Our of those 7, Foles is 30, Brees is 40, Cam is 30, Rapistburger is 37, and Eli is 38. It is a position that generally needs age/seasoning to become proficient, but that same age also makes injury more likely. The QBs are mostly in their 30s and everyone else is in their 20s. Not much the rules can do about that.

That roughing the passer penalty was bullshit.

It doesn’t get more textbook than that.

And yes, I’m watching Thursday Night Football.

Who's playing ? I don't want to try to find it on my TV.

good god does this league blow

How bad must Bortles have been if fucking Gordon Minshew is having this kind of success as the Jags QB?

I know they are 0-2, but he’s looked pretty good without a ton of weapons.

To win the SB, you can take the Pats and Chiefs OR the field. Who ya got?

Well, since there's a 90% chance one of those teams wins the AFC, the field means like five teams in the NFC.

So I either get a guaranteed NFC team who isn't going to be under 30% to win the Super Bowl in a one off game plus any other AFC team to make the Super Bowl?

Yeah I'm going to take the field on that one.

Back