• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Boston's Fenway Park to Host New ACC Bowl Game

WakeForestRanger

Reaction score
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. – Boston’s Fenway Park will host a new bowl game starting in 2020 featuring football teams from the Atlantic Coast and American Athletic conferences, sources told Stadium.

Fenway Park will join Los Angeles and Myrtle Beach as sites for new bowl games in 2020, which marks the start of the NCAA’s new bowl cycle.

That bowl game has a BC, WF, BC, Pitt, BC, Cuse, BC, UVA, BC rotation written all over it.

Fenway park is historic and all that, but it is a very uncomfortable place to watch any event. Seats are small, wooden and dont always face the field. This plus the damp cold make this a must watch on TV.

I’d go since I live less than a mile away. However it will be miserable and the stadium is not comfortable.

Unless BC is in the game, who in Boston will give a damn about the game? College football is waaaaaay down the list of sports interest in the Boston/New England area. Crappy teams that no one cares about, in bad weather has empty seats written all over it.

Unless BC is in the game, who in Boston will give a damn about the game? College football is waaaaaay down the list of sports interest in the Boston/New England area. Crappy teams that no one cares about, in bad weather has empty seats written all over it.

Won't be much different from all the empty seats in Annapolis, Charlotte and Birmingham. Wake fans will go and fans of the other team will go and that's pretty much it.

Even if BC is in the game it won't really matter that much. But at least that would boost local attendance.

The bright side is there aren't that many seats to start with compared to a normal stadium. So even with 15k to 20k, the stadium will appear pretty full on tv I'd think.

giphy.gif

Fenway park is historic and all that, but it is a very uncomfortable place to watch any event. Seats are small, wooden and dont always face the field. This plus the damp cold make this a must watch on TV.

yep. Sucks to suck, I guess.

Unfortunately we will be an attractive option for this game. Our games at BC are always well attended. Let me join the chorus of saying that Fenway is a terrible venue. I love history but that place is so uncomfortable and awful to watch a game.

AIR, ND played BC at Fenway and THE game between Harvard - Yale as well....might have been 1 other.

ANY event at Fenway Park is worth it if you've never been there for a Sox game....on everyone's 'bucket list'.

Also the location is super for pre/post game restaurants, access to the T and downtown Beantown. If you can't find/have a good time in Boston you're lacking a pulse :eek:

Does any P5 conference have as many cold weather Bowl ties as the ACC? Detroit, Fenway, Yankee Stadium, Annapolis.

Back