• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Boston's Fenway Park to Host New ACC Bowl Game

Oh crap, what a bunch of pussies! At LEAST go the first time we play it there just for the novelty if nothing else. Count me in for sure

Average night time low is around 26. Sitting in that kind of temperature requires proper heavy dress, or risks frostbite.
Lol, frostbite? How many donk posts can one poster make?

Oh crap, what a bunch of pussies! At LEAST go the first time we play it there just for the novelty if nothing else. Count me in for sure

I've been to several games at Fenway and there's absolutely no way I'd go to a bowl game there. It was cold enough at the Belk Bowl 14 months ago and we had club seating.

20K would probably be plenty for a lower tier ACC tie-in. Toledo vs. Pitt in the Dirty Myrtle in late December would struggle to draw 10,000.

20K is 15K less than the smallest stadium that the ACC currently uses for bowl games - its less about the actual attendance at the games and more about tickets that the bowl game organizers can sell to corporate sponsors in order to pay the participating teams.

20K is 15K less than the smallest stadium that the ACC currently uses for bowl games - its less about the actual attendance at the games and more about tickets that the bowl game organizers can sell to corporate sponsors in order to pay the participating teams.

The only way this bowl makes any fiscal sense is if the TV money is big enough to cover all costs. Attendance and local sponsorships will not come close.

If it's an ESPN-owned bowl then they don't care at all about the attendance because of the TV money. I'm not sure if it is based on the releases.

hard pass even if Wake is playing in it.

Agreed, and I'm only a few minutes away. I was all in on the first winter classic at Fenway, but it was brutal even though I was pretty bombed. It just isn't a winter weather venue, it would be decent for a kickoff classic game but that will never happen while the sox are in season.

Back