• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020-21 WF Men's Soccer Thread - Yes, there is a Fall and Spring Soccer Season

Two new commits for 2020 these past couple weeks.

Colin Thomas, attacking mid, committed out of Atlanta United who continually is producing big time talents. Good pickup.

Hosei Kijima, defender, committed out of IMG. There's not much out there about him, but obviously being at IMG does lend some credence to his skill.

2020 class is looking like a top 3 class already.

Anyone go to any of the exhibition matches? Any scouting reports on the freshmen?

I had been keeping my eye on Dante Sealy thinking we might end up seeing him at Spry, but I missed this signing a few months ago. Hopefully he'll be a first time starter in no time. It appears he's been playing with the USYNT as well as opposed to T&T.

https://www.fcdallas.com/post/2019/02/26/fc-dallas-signs-25th-homegrown-player-dante-sealy

That's really awesome. Like Chupa said, holy shit we're getting old. Doesn't feel like that long ago we were watching Scott play for Wake.

Deacs open with UCF on Friday at Spry. The Knights went 13-3-1 last year and made the NCAA Tourney. UCF won both of their exhibition games.

Deacs open with UCF on Friday at Spry. The Knights went 13-3-1 last year and made the NCAA Tourney. UCF won both of their exhibition games.

Too bad we have a home football game Friday night or I would try to go...

Couple players to note from the exhibitions and roster. It does not appear that Ryan Fessler or Jaden Servania have made it to campus for this season.

I've looked everywhere i can think of for a stream. Anyone got one handy?

UCF bounced back to beat UNC in Chapel Hill last night 2-1. UNC started the season ranked 7th and drew with Creighton at home on Friday. Wake obviously beat both.

What was the call to nullify their goal in the first half?

Ball went over the endline, which on replay did not actually go over the line. Surprisingly, some college teams have VAR usage. We do not, so it couldn’t be reviewed. I’m not sure what all the rules are for college VAR as this was the first I’d heard of it. I would assume you’d need a 4th/5th official in the media booth?

Ball went over the endline, which on replay did not actually go over the line. Surprisingly, some college teams have VAR usage. We do not, so it couldn’t be reviewed. I’m not sure what all the rules are for college VAR as this was the first I’d heard of it. I would assume you’d need a 4th/5th official in the media booth?

Thanks. I thought that was the call, but it sure seemed like the linesman indicated "off sides, near side of field."

Fayettenam...what are you seeing from the freshmen?

And where's ACM?

Back