• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020-21 WF Men's Soccer Thread - Yes, there is a Fall and Spring Soccer Season

We weren’t quite as sharp in possession tonight as we were against Maryland last week, though in fairness it would be really tough to be better—the Deacs put on a master class against the Terps. Took good advantage of the chances we got, and the volley for the 3rd goal was marvelous.

While watching the 1st half, I didn't think there was any way we could score 3 in the 2nd half. Some more missing players today since the Maryland game, so really a great result.

Some really pretty balls played by Wake. A couple of big saves by Wake goalie and a flat miss by the Michigan guy behind the D. Fun game to watch.

Has anyone seen much of UCSB this year? I am trying to get a feel for their playing style and players to watch out for.

Has anyone seen much of UCSB this year? I am trying to get a feel for their playing style and players to watch out for.

They have a magician at CM. Really good player. They play down the flanks when teams put two on him. Pretty y’all and physical team as a whole, but they play a smaller starting XI and use their pace and skill to attack. They have scored quite a few set piece goals this season which has been our undoing far too often. Overall, they’re a good team who plays pretty compact and gets up the field quickly.

Who is the Gaucho, amigo? Why is he standing in your spangled leather poncho and your elevator shoes? Bodacious cowboys such as your friend will never be welcome here.

Stanford and Clemson in Pk's I hate those guys

Clemson loses on the first of the sudden death PKs --- I really hate those guys

feels like we are uncharacteristically struggling to keep possession, ucsb is pretty physical

We aren't moving the ball very sharply and build up is a little slow as a result. UCSB, as a result, is able to get stuck in and throw us off our game even more.

I wouldn't mind seeing a bit more directness in the 2nd 45

UCSB on top as it is

What an individual effort by Johnston!

Wow wow wow wow

Leggo!

1-0

Back